All Topics / Finance / High LVR loans coming back? 105% LVR

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Lately there seems to be a gradual increase in LVRs being offered.

Now there is a report that Mortgage House are going to introduce a 105% LVR loan

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/money/lenders-throwing-cash-at-buyers/story-e6fredkc-1225918973988

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Terry similar to the Adelaide Bank product which has been out for some months.

95% Lvr plus secured and unsecured visa. Very responsible lending in my opinion.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of David AndersonDavid Anderson
    @david-anderson

Does that 105% and 99% include LMI capitalisation or is that on top of those figures and they lend the whole 99% or 105%?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Yes with AB it is plus LMI.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of stevo81stevo81
    @stevo81

I remember 105% mortgages several years back. If I remember correctly there interest rates are significantly higher. I also found out today that you will pay ~3k extra on mi if you cap it.

Profile photo of BigTeddyBigTeddy
    Participant
    @bigteddy

How easy is it to get a loan with an LVR this high?

Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

Talk to any American who was in property prior GFC and they'll tell stories of lenders doing exactly the same thing, and in their opinion, these types of products were what contributed to the downfall, amongst other things, but in some states, like Arizona for example, there are still repossessions going on of people's houses because they borrowed more than the value of the property which then dropped…

On one hand I think great, the pendulum swing is coming back towards more balanced lending practices, on another I think its gone past the sensible point again..banks have gone from causing the biggest storm since the early 1900's (rant opinion of mine) to complaining that whole sale borrowing is costing them so much more while posting 20% increase in profits (Hmmm), to now realising overly stringent lending practices, especially where development is concerned, has slowed building and development to a crawl, Oooops! Hang on, if we're not lending we're not making money! Bugger! Better start throwing money out there again to recoup! After all, all we need to create more money is the promise to pay it back! Woo hoo!  

'course its only my opinion …

Super Profits Tax for the Banks I say!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.