All Topics / Help Needed! / Finding the owner of a property (bypassing the agent)

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of dtrumpdtrump
    Participant
    @dtrump

Hi,

A property i am curious in is no longer listed and did not sell. Is there anyway i can find out who the owner of the property is (its currently tenanted)?

View is to bypass the agent and negotiate a sale with the owner directly? Thus saving money for both the buyer and the seller hopefully.

Any risks to be aware of with this idea?

Cheers,
    dtrump

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

Do a title search through one of the suppliers listed in Google or Land Titles Office.

Profile photo of LHLH
    Participant
    @lh

And get in contact with a good lawyer/conveyancer to cover your own interests.

Profile photo of sonyasalsonyasal
    @sonyasal

Just something to be aware of, did you inspect the property when it was listed for sale? If so the agent can claim that they 'introduced you' to the property and impose their commission on the vendor. So the vendor  may still want a higher price to cover these costs. I am not sure how long after the property has been taken off the market the agent can calim this commission. May be worthwhile making some 'hypothetical' enquiries so you know where you stand

cheers

Sonya

Profile photo of dtrumpdtrump
    Participant
    @dtrump
    sonyasal wrote:
    Just something to be aware of, did you inspect the property when it was listed for sale? If so the agent can claim that they 'introduced you' to the property and impose their commission on the vendor. So the vendor  may still want a higher price to cover these costs. I am not sure how long after the property has been taken off the market the agent can calim this commission. May be worthwhile making some 'hypothetical' enquiries so you know where you stand

cheers

Sonya

That’s a good point and I did wonder if something like that existed. I did view the property and it was within the last 2 months. This may be a little more complex than first anticipated. It is very handy to know nevertheless

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.