All Topics / Finance / Earning commission but cannot borrow more?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of SashSash
    @sash

Hi All,

I recently started a new job a couple of months ago which is comprised of a base salary + commission.

I seem to be performing well above target. So much that my commission is pay is in between 1.5 and nearly 2 times my base wage. Over $4 k per month.

Now I wouldnt think I could get any worse at the job only better however I have been informed that banks need an enormous trail of commission as proof.

There must be a way around or some sort of method where I can use this cash to increase my borrowings. It seems like a big waste to me! If things keep going the way they are it would translate to $90k p.a.

Any advice or tips would be HIGHLY valuable.

Thankyou for your time.

Sash.

Want it. Own it. Enjoy it. Achieve it.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Since commission is varaible – it could be nil in some months couldn't it – the banks will need to see a long history of you receiving it before they will take it into account. You would need between 1 yr and 12 months history i think

Maybe you could convince your employer to change you to a higher salary component for a month or so until you get the loan and then back again.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of rlequesnerlequesne
    @rlequesne

There is a lender that will consider this if you can show 3 months consistent income

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

CBA will also do it if the rest of the deal is strong.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of SashSash
    @sash

Thanks guys.

It makes sense why banks need a decent amount of time/proof for them to feel comfortable to lend money for a project. I just wanted to know if there was any ways in doing it in a shorter time frame.

Cheers.

Sash

Profile photo of BankerBanker
    Participant
    @banker

Sash – it is consistant with your previous income?

@sash

Yes my base is still the same. It's the extra commission that I need to ustilise on.

Participant
    @banker
    @sash

My current loans are with CBA. If there is something I can do, how would I go about it.  What do I say to my broker etc? Questions to ask…

Thankyou very much

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Sash you shouldnt have to ask your Broker.

If he knows his onions he should be telling you that CBA will do it standing on your head.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @banker

As of the end of September you can use the Year to Date on your payslip x 4 (you can work off YTD when more than one quarter completed). Broker Chanel at CBA is stricter than dealing direct.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.