All Topics / Help Needed! / Dual occuoancy Logan area need help

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of peterandadelepeterandadele
    Join Date: 2010
    Post Count: 1

    Hi everyone,

    We are thinking of buying a property thats almost ready to be dual occupied as in a high set top and bottom of house being seperate.

    My question is, do we need to have some kind of certification from council for this as in a dual occupancy permit or something or can we rent it out to two different parties as it is right now and just not charge for electricity or water? Is this legal is this ok by our insurance company were not sure what the rules are around this.

    If it is not legal and we cannot do this then what do we need to do to be able to legally have both top and bottom rented out seperately and what costs involved if any. Also we are in Logan council in QLD.

    Any help is very appreciated
    Peter and Adele

    Profile photo of rudra_rrudra_r
    Join Date: 2009
    Post Count: 61

    I am in the exact same situation as you both and also live in the Logan area. It’s a very tricky situation as the council website does not have information regarding high set houses and dual occupancy. The Logan City Council classify dual occupancy as duplexes etc… however this was just on their website and you would need to obtain further information from the council. I am actually in the process of trying to find someone in the council who can assist me with this.

    If i hear anything back or find someone I shall let you know.


Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.