All Topics / General Property / good area for under $250k

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of CrazypaulieCrazypaulie
    Participant
    @crazypaulie

Hi all!!

I read the great comments on properties under $200k. Liverpool came up pretty good.
    what are your thoughts on Macarthur, Bradbury, Ambarvale etc……?? Or even Penrith?

If the population is to double by 2036…..

Profile photo of CrazypaulieCrazypaulie
    Participant
    @crazypaulie

ok….NO…??? thoughts on the Macarthur area??
    With the huge growth to happen in the western suburbs, is any of it going to be in that area?

Somebody must have some thoughts/ideas about this?

Profile photo of IP FreelyIP Freely
    @ip-freely

There is quite a bit of good buying around Penrith/South Penrith – located near Westfields & Rail line. Plenty of +ve geared units if you look (some smaller blocks you may be able to pick up 2 or 3).

Profile photo of aussieguy2000aussieguy2000
    Participant
    @aussieguy2000

This is not a stab at people who live in Penrith as it can happen anywhere, and I have several family members who live out that way, and they are all great people too. I would be wary of what areas you buy in out there as lower socio-economic areas will have a greater density if "scum" who will ruin your IP. Lets face the facts here, these people live in areas with cheaper rent, and when it comes to your finances and the possiblilty of losing everything, it is something you want to be careful about.

That said there are obviously alot of good people who live in that area too, just make sure you buy in a better area out there, and have a strict and good property manager to ensure it is kept in check. (The one I have looking after my property in Sydney is one that I hated when I rented through them, as they were so anal about everything, they would bug people about rent if it was 1 day late… which is what you want as a Landlord).

Profile photo of TaylorChangTaylorChang
    Participant
    @scha9799

Hi Aussieguy,

which property manager are you using in Penrith which you mentioned that very strict and bug people about 1 day late behind the rent ?

I am looking for a reliable and strict property manager in Penrith are, can you please kindly give me some suggestion for good property manager ?

Taylor

TaylorChang | Finance Broker
    Email Me | Phone Me

Home loan | Commercial loan | 0414 691 517

Profile photo of mattstamattsta
    Participant
    @mattsta

Liverpool is an OK place, but yes, it is generally a place with lower socio economic population. There may be good tenants, but be careful.

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

In greater Brisbane if you are talking about the 250 level and houses in good condition then you are looking 20k+ from the CBD, areas like Logan City Council and Redcliffe to Caboolture on the northside

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.