All Topics / Help Needed! / A few basic questions… for some

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of stevo81stevo81
    @stevo81

Can someone please confirm my thought process on this matter.

I am finding it quite challenging to get a straight answer out of certain brokers/banks etc. Everyone seems to say something slightly different which is of a little concern.

I am looking at NAB choice package which currently have a 95% LVR.

Lets say for example my proposed loan was for 550k. LMI and other fees  such as stamp duty charges equal 30k.

Can i add LMI/stamp duty etc to the proposed loan, now making it 580k? or not? 

My understanding is i now need 5% on 580 not 550. This is a minimal expense on a monthly expenditure, but wondering if it can be done, or whther the banks like you to pay the LMI  etc independately.

From my maths the total out of pocket expense is only 29k V's 27.5K on a 5% deposit, which is significantly lower than the 27.5K (5% of 550) + 30k in LMI, fees etc, which is the scenario i would like to avoid.

Can i also ask if you can apply for offset accounts for interest only loans or do you need P&I to take advantage of this?

Another silly question, based on an interest only loan, my mortgage repayments should decrease from month to month if i am utilizing my offset acount effectively?

I know that some of these questions are quite basic but i would just like some confirmation around them as i cant seem to get consistant answers.  

Cheers,
    Steve.

Profile photo of Dan42Dan42
    @dan42

Hi Steve,

Generally, with a 95% loan, you will need 5% of the purchase price, plus costs. I'll leave teh other questions to the finance gurus.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

it all comes down to the purchase price.

If it is $550,000 then you can borrow 95% of this. All other costs must come out of your pocket.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Very simple NAB dont capitalise LMI at 95% lvr.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Hi Stevo,

If you're trying to minimise the amount of cash you're putting into the deal you should go with a lender that will do a 95% + LMI product.

Are you purchasing an investment or owner occupied property?

Cheers,

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.