All Topics / Help Needed! / land division- approach vendor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of marcammarcam
    @marcam

I want to approach a vendor who lives on a corner lot . I  want to have them consider to sell the unused land to me , whilst they continue to live in the house. I can cover all the costs and recover them on completion of the sale of the land. 

What would be the best approach

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

One option is to offer to buy it subject to the relevant council planning permissions… but on the contract, consider putting your name OR NOMINEE.  That way you never pay stamp duty.  You just handball it on to your buyer.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of marcammarcam
    @marcam

Im sorry I didnt explain myself clearly

My intentions are  avoiding a land agent and getting a piece of dirt at land value.

Ineed to show them the benefits, they get to continue living in their house and they receive money for it .

So do I approach a valuer 

Profile photo of chillerchiller
    Participant
    @chiller

I bought a big block of land with one house on it and now the previous owner is renting it from me whilst I seek plans and approvals.  This was done through a real estate agent.  Unless you are offering top dollar, they would most likely decline your offer directly without an agent.

It seems you just want the unused land and not the house.  In that case, the owner would have to sub-divide and sell you the land separately.  It wont hurt to ask them if they want to do that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.