All Topics / Help Needed! / Anyone ever dealt with Calliden Group for strata residential insurance?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of obiwan22obiwan22
    Participant
    @obiwan22

Hi,

I have an IP in a 2 unit subdivision.  Currently the owner of the front unit and myself have separate building insurance but both our policies do not cover the common area.

We are interested to have the common area insured and we're thinking if the right way to go is to purchase a strata insurance policy that will cover both our properties and the common areas or to purchase a separate policy to for public liability for the common area only.

I understand that for a 2 lot subdivision there is no need to form a owners' corporation.  If we purchase strata insurance for our properties, it is necessary to have a formal agreement between the us that this arrangement is only for the purpose of insurance and that each owner is responsible for maintaining their own property?

I  approached a insurance broker who gave me a quote of $500 just for public liability of the common area.   Then we approached another insurance broker who gave us a quote for QUS strata residential insurance that is under the Calliden Group. It appears what getting a strata insurance works out to be cheaper than getting a separate policy for just the common area.

I've never heard of the Calliden group before and wonder if anyone has heard of this group or have dealt with them before? Would love to hear your experience with them.

Thanks.

Cheers,
    Corinne

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

They occupy a floor of the building I work in – not much help I know :)

Profile photo of BuilderbhaiBuilderbhai
    Participant
    @builderbhai

Hi Corinne,

Have you resolved your insurance issue?

I'm in a similar situation and was wondering how we went about yours?

I got a quote from OAMPS Insurance brokers for $385 for Strata Unit Insurance. But the schedule of insurance cover mentions it as "Broadform Liability". I'm confused whether it covers my common area or not?

Regards,

Kumar

Profile photo of obiwan22obiwan22
    Participant
    @obiwan22

Hi Kumar,

I have not settled the insurance issue yet but I'm keen to get it resolved soon.  I think you should contact the insurance company to find out what the policy covers.  If there is any progress at my end, I'll keep you updated.  Thanks.

Cheers,
    Corinne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.