All Topics / Help Needed! / Obtaining a market value of a property

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of RobbiePRobbieP
    @robbiep

Hi All,

I was wondering what methods you use to obtain a market value of a property?

I am from South Africa and want to learn as much as I can about the property market in Australia before I come over at the end of the year.

In South Africa, for a small fee, we are able to access national Deed / Title Database which contains a wealth of information or all property transfers and registrations etc.

There are also 3rd party applications and companies which can access this information and provide its users with Computer Aided Valuations (CAV) on the property you are interested in buying. The applications takes into consideration the sales history in the complex or area, the average cost per sqm, and a few other variables and spits outs a market value based on all this information.

Do you get similar sort of service in Australia? I'm sure you do.

Besides the use of CAV's, what other methods do you guys use when trying to get the true market value of a property?

Look forward to hearing from you guys.

Regards,
    Robbie

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Companies like RP Data do provide CAVs for their members not sure if this is available to non-members.
    There are a few free sources of prices from recent sales eg smh, realestate.com.au  and other property sales websites.

Profile photo of RobbiePRobbieP
    @robbiep

Hi,

Is anyone on the forum using RP Data or any similar companies to do their property valuations?

Regards,
    Robbie

Profile photo of wobblysquarewobblysquare
    Participant
    @wobblysquare

I use RP Data for suburb histories (all sales in suburb over the last 12 months) ($10 for report). They are handy.

A friend uses PriceFinder, but they are costly..

Profile photo of onthemoneyonthemoney
    @onthemoney
    RobbieP wrote:
    Hi,

Is anyone on the forum using RP Data or any similar companies to do their property valuations?

Regards,
    Robbie

I use Residex CMA and happy to send you a report if you shoot me an email with the property address.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.