All Topics / General Property / IP in home town

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of celmelcelmel
    Participant
    @celmel

Hi All
    Loving the site, loads of great learning tools here!
    I just wanted to post about my first IP. We brought it in our own home town which is only 500 people , I see alot of post saying not to invest in a town less than 7.000, BUT this town has growth with Fast Rail, only 50 mins drive to Melb CBD , and also now the new Bendigo to Melbourne freeway, I too did'nt know alot about investing but for yrs i have had an interest , reading local paper, scouring the realestates and looking at properties sold and those not and working out my self why, I think small towns are not on the DONT list all together just a matter of getting the right one, I often see ads at our local shop people asking for house to rent  .. hmm if only there were more houses here for sale, Prices are going up and we were lucky enough to buy under the market value.. So Im still learning and loving every minute of it..

Celmel

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Good on you Celmel,

A big congrats on the first IP (hopefully of many). Where abouts are you between Bendigo & Melbourne? Rentals are very tight in Bendigo itself at the moment, particular anything near Latrobe Uni.
    Enjoy the forum – there is a lot of experience here, but also a lot of personal opinions from a wide variety of backgrounds too so don't go rushing out and spend a million $ just because of a post you read it here without checking everything out for yourself ! :-)

Cheers

Profile photo of celmelcelmel
    Participant
    @celmel

Yes the site is great, No rushing here! Lots of ideas and thoughts but hours of research to go with it , The Town is Malmsbury a small village but even with the Bybass the demand for land and housing is very steady. I do have to say we were lucky in our purchase great location also have a great tenant and very good agent who we Liason with Just purchased our second IP thats it for a while now or if a bargin comes up then yes :)

Thanks for the advice

Profile photo of francinemelbourfrancinemelbour
    @francinemelbour

I honestly like this site as well, it provides good information and lots of friendly user as well..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.