All Topics / Help Needed! / Property management – furnished or unfurnished – share your view

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of thydzikthydzik
    Participant
    @thydzik

Hi Everyone

We are looking at renting out our 3×1 in Perth house using a property management company.
    It is currently furnished with very basic items we are happy to let go.

I have heard stories that providing fully furnished is not worth it due to the higher number of repairs and costs.

Has anyone got any stories to share who are in this situation?
    What increase in rental yield on average can we expect?
    Has anyone both done both the furnish and unfurnished and which do they prefer?

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Is there demand for fully furnished properties in that particular area? If so, it can be a good option.

You can command higher rent and depreciate the furniture. If the demand is there I say go for it.

Cheers,

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Depends totally on demand. I have most unfurnished but one furnished. Haven't heard from them in years. Money goes in my bank. I'm happy.

Profile photo of dtrumpdtrump
    Participant
    @dtrump

I dont have much background on the topic, but i'd suggest if its close to a uni (i.e. student accomodation) then renting furnished might be in demand.

Other than that, what i have read/heard is that renters typically want to put in their own furniture they have gathered over the years….so unless its student accomodation your only other target market would be people that have just immigrated to Australia.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.