All Topics / General Property / Duplex-using common wall or not?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Roberts1911Roberts1911
    Participant
    @roberts1911

Hi everyone a simply questions to all you wouds be property developers out there. In terms of building a duplex should I build with a common wall or not. Obviously both options have their pros and cons and I know the block is a large determining factor. Alll facts a side. Using a common wall will be cheaper to build, but may come under a small strata plan. But having a detached wall is more expensive to build but they sell for more. People like to own when they buy not share there house/wall. My thought at the moment is keeping them detached as I believe they will fetch for a higherprice and they will be able to sell easier and this will overcome the fact of a larger expense in building with a common wall.

I would love anyone to comment as this is a big head @#$%. And i would honestly appreciate your thoughts. THANX

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

you’ve answered your own question. If paying a little more for a separate wall will return more than its cost & improve saleability, why would you consider a common wall unless it is unavoidable?

Profile photo of Roberts1911Roberts1911
    Participant
    @roberts1911

cheers mate thanks fot taking the effort to comment

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.