All Topics / Help Needed! / Townhouse complex in Richlands, QLD

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of dtrumpdtrump
    Participant
    @dtrump

Hi all,

Appreciate all the useful information on this site, it is a good resource.

Currently looking at different areas in Brisbane for my first IP ($300-350k). There is a complex in Richlands that has 71 new townhouses, I am keen to hear any feedback on the growth potential given all these townhouses look quite similar, are close together in a small streets, etc. It is a strange feeling driving through as everything is same on each street, however apparently style of lviing is the way of the future (?)

Richlands as a suburb has been zoned for medium density residential development and there is a new train station due to finish end of the year making it approx 30min to CBD. Close to forest lake with 4x schools, shops, running tracks, etc.

Seeking any thoughts on townhouse complexes in genernal and/or thoughts on Richlands as a suburb?

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-townhouse-qld-richlands-106697680

Cheers.
    dtrump

Profile photo of Jamie MooreJamie Moore
    Participant
    @jamie-m

Too many units in the one complex for my liking. There's 71 townhouses that are all the same – you can't really make yours any different (which may impact on future demand). You might also find yourself competing for tenants, what if a few other townhouses within the same complex are being rented out at the same time?

Jamie

Jamie Moore | Pass Go Home Loans Pty Ltd
    http://www.passgo.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Mortgage Broker assisting clients Australia wide Email: [email protected]

Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

There's another one at Redbank Plains called Amarco. Last I spoke to the developer there are 3 left, within your price range ($320K from memory). If you want more info email me: [email protected] and I can put you in touch with him.

To confirm I have no financial interest in the project, its a good mate of mine.

Cheers
    Matt.

Profile photo of dtrumpdtrump
    Participant
    @dtrump
    Jamie M wrote:
    Too many units in the one complex for my liking.

Good point, and also if there is going to be re-development i can imagine a there will be quite a few more to come. Would you think that more development would put a stint on any capital growth?

Profile photo of dtrumpdtrump
    Participant
    @dtrump
    Matt007 wrote:
    There's another one at Redbank Plains called Amarco. Matt.

Cheers, but Redbank is a little too far out for my liking, Thanks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.