All Topics / Help Needed! / What locations in Lower Hunter?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Profile photo of CorvusCorvus
    Participant
    @corvus

Hi all,
    I’ve been lurking here for a while and have been really impressed with the amount of knowledge and experience amongst the contributors.
    I’ve also been reading various things for the past six months or so, getting to know how things work to some extent and I think I’m ready to actually take some action.
    I want to buy my first house but do it properly so that I will get some good equity up in as short a time as possible. This will allow me to move on to IPs within two years (according to my plan anyway)
    So the idea is to purchase a 2 or 3 bed house for about 200k, do some renos (paint, carpet, kitchen, landscape) and revalue. I am looking at areas around the lower Hunter Valley since I rent and work here currently and would like to hang around.
    There are a few areas Ive seen with median prices rising by about 14% annually, which I believe is quite good yes? The question I have for you all is this: Can anyone give me some ideas for areas around the Newcastle/Maitland region that would be worth looking at to make this plan work?
    Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.