All Topics / Finance / Fixed Rates

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of YnotnowYnotnow
    @ynotnow

Hi all , the 3 year fixed rate term on my loan is expiring in Sept. 2010 and to my surprise instead of a lower fixed rate and a new term ,i got told GE / AMS Mortgage Services isnt offering any fixed rates anymore at all …

although i always knew the lender is obsviouly the one in power , i never expected it to be possible, that they could refuse to give me an option ,I would ususally expect from any lender.

they have an unusual high variable rate already and told me they couldnt compete anymore ,so i would expect them to increase their variable rate whenever possible ,therefore i might have to refinance and pay the break cost etc etc, although thats the last thing i want …

any thoughts on this …. is this normal ? any ideas how to handle the matter

thanks

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

GE pulled out of the Australian lending market about 18 months ago so i guess if they price themselves out of existance they are encouraging you to leave them.

Interest rate tinkering is a tool used by all lenders depending on where there are in their desire to win market share.
    Look at Westpac's standard variable rate and you will see what i mean.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of YnotnowYnotnow
    @ynotnow

thanks for that and i wasnt overly surprised about them pumping up their rates but i didnt know they could refuse to offer any fixed rates

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.