All Topics / Forum Frolic / CBA net profit of $5.6Billion

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Profile photo of Dan42Dan42
    @dan42
    number 8 wrote:
    Hi Matt,

My best guess is that they won't lift it above the reserve (all things being equal), they have clearly enough margin from the last above reserve rate rises (to think we were all feeling sorry for them facing higher costs). I dropped off my lunch on several occasions to the executive as I thought they were having trouble making ends meet…….. I will be asking for that vegemite sandwich back.

I would bet you anything that rates will rise after the election, independent from the RBA (and when I say anything, I mean up to 2 dollars. I'm not a big gambler.)

Profile photo of eloieloi
    @eloi

BANKER please stop it. Here is your NAB recommendation. This is just the early exit fees that u keep talking about that only exist with non banks. Well here is your NAB recommended loan and down the bottom this is what it says. Now you tell me is this not similar to the rate busters, mortgage house or any other non bank lloans. Please stop blowing hot air its creating a bubble and we know what happens with bubbles

1. Introductory Rate Home Loan is only available to new NAB home loan customers. Fee waiver applies to: one NAB credit card per customer (approval is subject to NAB's credit assessment criteria).

2. Additional prepayments above this amount during a fixed rate period may attract prepayment fees and economic costs. If you prepay the loan in full during the fixed rate period, a prepayment fee is payable and economic costs may also be payable. For NAB Introductory Rate Home Loans contracted between 24/4/06 and 22/10/06, the Early Exit Fee is payable if you repay the loan within three years of the settlement date. For loan contracts issued on or after 23 October 2006, the Early Exit Fee will be payable if the loan is repaid in full within four years of the settlement date.

Information current at 25/5/2009, subject to change.

Fees and charges are payable. Terms and conditions apply and are available on request from NAB

Profile photo of eloieloi
    @eloi

Here is just a few fees associated with commonwealth bank introductory rate loan. You have to dig a lit further if u want to find the exit fees. So your starting to see that all the majors charge the same fees as the non banks and in some cases more fees.

Rate Lock (only available on 1 Year Guaranteed Rate) 

There is a $750 fee for each Rate Lock.

Establishment fee

The up-front establishment fee is $600.

Loan Service Fee

The monthly loan service fee is $8.

WARNING: This comparison rate is true only for the examples given and may not include all fees and charges. Different terms, fees or other loan amounts might result in a different comparison rate.

• Fees and charges associated with certain loan options that may or may not be used by the lender, such as early repayment or redraw fees