All Topics / Help Needed! / moving a house, costs of townhouses

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd

hey guys,

as some know i have purcahsed a property in Frankston VIC and was renovating it for 6-7 month. Everything is all well and good and is renting a yield of roughly 5-6% – which is great – think!

Now, although it has been renovated, the main intention when i first purchased the property was to bulldoze it within 1-2 years and build 2x 2 story new townhouses to fit on this 595sqm block (3bdr – which i have allowed for $230,000)

However after renovating the property so well (*pats on back*) i was thinking as it is 60 years old, on stumps, weatherboard – should i just move the hole thing (very small rectangle 2br -probably 9 squares) and shift it to the back of the property , then just build one very very nice 2 story 3br (with minimal beach views)

Im think i myself do the subfloor and then get someone to crane it on..

a few questions

1. What is the average cost to build a 3br 2 story townhouse (something of  7/10 quality)

2. What is the average cost to build a 2br "                                                                "

3. What would be the cost to move a house on stumps onto a subfloor…

And

4. The house is on an angle and if i built a townhouse at the back there would only be 2.6 – 2.7m of driveway at the very edge between the house and fence (the rest would be 3m wide, eg: driveway opening) – would the council allow for this? As 3m is usually what is required but i have heard of people going to VCAT

Thanks guys and girls..

Profile photo of CatalystCatalyst
    Participant
    @catalyst

Sorry I have to ask -6-7 months? That's one hell of a reno.

What did you do?  Is 5-6% typical there?

Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd

Haha, I was only working there with family on Saturdays lol. Yeah the standard 5.2% is probably a bit above expected. But I bought crap and renovated it well (I hope) haha

Profile photo of JonJon
    Participant
    @wealthyjvd
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.