All Topics / Creative Investing / Regarding Margaret Lomas Education course

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of nightelvesnightelves
    @nightelves

Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone here has done education course with margaret Lomas. If so can you please share your experience?

Profile photo of jacqui_03jacqui_03
    Participant
    @jacqui_03

Hi nightelves,

You can do a search on 'destiny financial solutions' for some opinions.

I was considering doing the course however decided against it. Apparentally if your not completely satisfied you can get a full refund.

Jacqui

Profile photo of nightelvesnightelves
    @nightelves

Hi Jacui,

I have read some of her book and they're actually quite good that was the reason why I decided to look into some of her courses.

I did search for it under destiny finance solution but really wanted to get people's experiences before jumping into the deep end.

I'm just very skeptical parting 2k for a course that you can learn through books.

Even though it says that you can get a full refund if you're not satisfied with the course but one would assume that you would have to go through a hell of a lot of trouble to get it back.

Your feedback is welcomed

-Alex

Profile photo of drew561drew561
    @drew561

The Destiny course is a lot and it's hard to part with the $$$.  I found the course however very useful and I would recommended it.  Although to help ease the pain of parting with the $$$ try find a friend who has completed the couse and give them a little something for the course material. 

Profile photo of LipLip
    @lip

I did call Destiny and asked for some guidance for the costing. But I got a feeling it is not a service you pay as you go. A bit scared to jump into it.
    Li

Profile photo of LipLip
    @lip

Anyone knows a good financial planner? I need advice on how to utilize my finance to get into property investment? All new to me so any advice will be very much appreciated.

Li

Profile photo of emptyvesselemptyvessel
    @emptyvessel
    nightelves wrote:
    Hi guys just wanted to know if anyone here has done education course with margaret Lomas. If so can you please share your experience?

Yes, my wife and I are "Platinum" lifetime customers. I think we paid around $5k all up. Besides initial training, we have a property acquisition plan and timelines. I can attend the course again any time I want, special investor forums as well as some discounts on a few other bits and pieces of varying value. They are my mortgage broker, but this doesn't have to be the case if you don't want. They aren't the greatest broker in the world, but they do have a very strong relationship with St George who are comfortable with the style of investor that Destiny bring to them. They do certainly offer other banks, but the Dragon is their main gig due to the loan structure matching the investment plan perfectly. Be warned, it is X-coll, so if you don't like that religion, just choose a different structure. That's your business. X-coll is working fine for me and I have read many stories of very successful investors using X-coll either to start or stayed that way. Many people that have been with Destiny for a while have 10-20 properties or more wrapped up in X-coll under the St.George portfolio loan. And they keep growing just fine. It is the perfect tool for the Destiny cashflow positive strategy.

Why did I pay so much money? I had read alot of books, attended a few free seminars, spoke to some other investors but really needed a "jumpstart" to get me moving. Also someone, an expert, to hold my hand during the intially stages while I build the confidence I needed at the time to take the leap. Of all the strategies I came across, Margaret Lomas's suited my style and risk profile at the time. IT made alot of sense, wasn't too conservative, wasn't too risky. "Goldilocks". I considered and spoke to others like Metropole (Yardney) etc, but these all seemed too aggressive and just didn't suit my style.

Have I got value for money? Hard to say. Not yet, but I have another 12 years to run on my current plan with them, so plenty of time to extract the value. (I reckon I will get there much faster than 12 more years, but that is my worst case right now and I am ok with it.)

Could I have done it without Destiny? Eventually. I deifnately got the jumpstart and confidence I was looking for. So saved time and avoided dumb mistakes that probably would have cost me far more than $5k in my first couple of purchases.

Would I do it again? Yes. But I would be more demanding on Destiny from the start about my expectations. A couple of times I was let down, but they have made up for it. We have formed a decent partnership and they are a key part of my property success team.

Would I recommend it to others? Yes if you are like me or more conservative. Also, you want to follow a "boring", tried and true template for wealth that will make you financially free in about 15 years. They do have smaller "bite size" chunks of services now, more of a menu. I think this is a good idea and worth discussing with them in detail to understand what you get.

Make up your own mind, but I like the Margaret Lomas strategy and the way that Destiny Financial provide it to their customers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.