All Topics / General Property / Is it right time for propety investment

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of psaini09psaini09
    Participant
    @psaini09

Hi guys

I am new to property investing and just started reading about it, trying to get more information as much as i can.
    Currently reading steve's book

One thing always keeps on coming to my mind, I just bought a property last year this is my PPOR, so is it a good time for me to jump in to property investment or i should keep my focus on bringing my mortgage down and if so how long should i wait for before juming in to PI??

Profile photo of psaini09psaini09
    Participant
    @psaini09

Comeon guys give me some advise… give me some suggestions to put me on right track … please help

Profile photo of rudra_rrudra_r
    Participant
    @rudra_r

Hi there,

From a personal point of view I wish I got into property earlier but was held back due to my circumstances. I’m inclined to say get into it as soon as possible but its all dependent on your circumstances. Have you had a look at your finances yet or worked out what you want to achieve through property?

Cheers
    Rudra

Profile photo of Matt_ArnoldMatt_Arnold
    Participant
    @matt_arnold

Hi Psaini09

Your question unfortunately can't be easily answered as their are way too many variables…

To name just a few, it depends on things like;

* What are your long term goals
    * Do you have any major long term expenses forecast (Eg. 12 month O/S holiday, planned study period, change of career, desire to have kids etc)
    * How much do you have available to invest (both capital / equity and on-going cash flow)
    * What is your risk profile
    * How much time do you have to dedicate to investing
    * What style of investing attracts you (Buy and hold, renovate, develop, etc – not to mention other asset classes such as shares and business)

Best advice is for you to find a good financial planner who has proved their worth over time (not just somebody who has a paper qualification) and have a chat with them.

Profile photo of cmasoncmason
    Participant
    @cmason

If you have the equity for a deposit and the servicability then IMO it's the good time

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

It's always a good time to buy property.

Participant
    @psaini09

See for my current property i paid around 400K plus expenses and for it at the time i have give 10% deposit and so far i have paid another bit over 10% which is sitting in my mortgage and can be withdrawn.

I went to real estate agent to know the current value of property and he told its worth around 470- 480K so i think i got bit of equity

But  one of the biggest thing i think about is how can i get a loan to buy investment property, as i am already repaying this one??

I am more interested in properties with positive cash flow ie buy and put them on rent

Regarding time at the moment i am in a shift job which gives me heaps of spare time to do anything

Regarding family i am married and planning to have kids in a year or two

Matt_Arnold wrote:

Hi Psaini09

Your question unfortunately can't be easily answered as their are way too many variables…

To name just a few, it depends on things like;

* What are your long term goals
    * Do you have any major long term expenses forecast (Eg. 12 month O/S holiday, planned study period, change of career, desire to have kids etc)
    * How much do you have available to invest (both capital / equity and on-going cash flow)
    * What is your risk profile
    * How much time do you have to dedicate to investing
    * What style of investing attracts you (Buy and hold, renovate, develop, etc – not to mention other asset classes such as shares and business)

Best advice is for you to find a good financial planner who has proved their worth over time (not just somebody who has a paper qualification) and have a chat with them.

Participant
    @psaini09

Guys please give me some suggestions

Profile photo of eloieloi
    @eloi

If you can secure a good price on a property that will deliver good net yields then i mwould go for it but i would want to secure a price that is at least %20-30 discount because i beleive that is how much they will come down within the next few years. SO if u can secure that price and get a tennant in there for a few years paying a good rent then ull be laughing when most other investors will be crying.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.