All Topics / Help Needed! / can you claim FHOG if you buy a PPOR after an IP?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of jowoodcroftjowoodcroft
    @jowoodcroft

We bought an IP and didnt claim FHOG as it was purely for investment. 2 years later we bought our first PPOR and thought we wouldnt be eligible for the FHOG as we had already bought IP. I have since read an example of some who did get FHOG after IP purchase. Can anyone clarify for me.

Profile photo of nightelvesnightelves
    @nightelves

Yeah I can I had the same enquiry as well and rang the FHOG hotline. They have confirmed that if the previous properties you have bought are purely investment purposes and later on down the track you want to purchase a PPOR you can still claim FHOG.

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

It really depends on which state you live in. This exemption of IP varies depending on what state you are in.
    Google search {State} Revenue Office
    {state} insert the actual state you are in.
    Then look up the web site or contact them to confirm if yes or no.

Profile photo of jowoodcroftjowoodcroft
    @jowoodcroft

Can you claim that retrospectively? We bought our PPOR in 2006

Profile photo of bouncecfbouncecf
    Participant
    @bouncecf

http://www.firsthome.gov.au
    you can check your eligibility according to the state you are buying in / intend to live in.

Profile photo of LHLH
    Participant
    @lh

As long as the investment purchase was made after July 2000 and neither you or your partner has been on title for a property you lived in, then you should be able to claim FHOG. Retrospective has been done before but best to put your case to the revenue office in your state and then you'll have the confidence to go for it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.