All Topics / Overseas Deals / USA Property Taxes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of gtcoglangtcoglan
    @gtcoglan

Hi All,

I was trolling through the threads, and couldn't seem to find the information I was seeking so therefore seeking assistance. In regards to US state taxes, is there any information resources that one could look state by state in the US to find out what property taxes that are that one must pay yearly/monthly.

The reason why I am asking is that I am assuming that this would form part of the expenses that one would need to consider in their analysis if the property is +ve cashflow etc.

So are there any on-line sources to find out state by state what the taxes are in the US.

Thanks
    Greg Coglan

Profile photo of Nigel KibelNigel Kibel
    Participant
    @nigel-kibel

Property taxes vary from state to state. I deal in Texas. The taxes there are around 3% which is a yearly tax based on the rated value of the property. Texas does not have any other state taxes. Half of the 3% they use to fund the school system,

Nigel Kibel | Property Know How
    http://propertyknowhow.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

We have just launched a new website join our membership today

Profile photo of gtcoglangtcoglan
    @gtcoglan

Thanks Nigel,

So in the case of Texas for example, are you saying that if the property is worth $100k, then the property tax is approx 3% per annum of the 100k, i.e. $3000 a year?

Thanks
    Greg Coglan

Profile photo of quickchickquickchick
    @quickchick

That may be right, Greg.
    Us property taxes cover schools etc, not just like our council rates, hence a lot more expensive than our council rates. 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.