All Topics / Help Needed! / Wanted real estate agent in Thornlands, Brisbane

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of simondemasimondema
    Participant
    @simondema

Hi all
    My wife have an investment property in Thornlands, Brisbane, and would like the name of a a couple of reputable real estate agents, as we have decided to put the house on the market.
    We have been quoted by one agent a commission of 10K. Is this the going rate or does that sound steep?
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Kind regards

Simon De Marchi

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

All depends on the purchase price.

The Queensland Government sets the real estate fees / agents fees /real estate commission in QLD at a maximum of 5% of the first $18,000 of the sale price and 2.5% of the balance of the sale price. 10% GST is also payable

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of businessglobalbusinessglobal
    Participant
    @businessglobal

Commission is regulated in Qld but it is also negotiable. But Agents will only negotiate if they know your price is right, presentation and they can move your stock quickly.

Give me a call Monday after 10am as we have an agency in Brisbane we own that could assist and were happy to look at the property and give you a truthful and accurate market update, appraisal and will look at the commission if it is a saleable product.

Regards
    Kylie
    0408 38 4434
    07 3340 5117

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Go Gecko also offer a capped commission for $5950 and can be reached at http://www.gogecko.com.au/

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Participant
    @businessglobal

Yes GO GECKO do offer a cheap commission but they also offer a very cheaqp sausage factory type of operation, sales agents and negotiators are often very green and fresh and are not experienced in really selling and negotiating your price upwards.

I have just bought 2 homes from a GO GECKO office and every single sales agent int his office was sub standard in service, they did no up sell or negotiation for the seller or the property, they had an open and just stood at the door and did not even get peoples names or phone numbers to follow up and just let them walk in and out and were too busy talking to their friends on their phones.

I put in very low offers and at no point did they try to bring my offers up or discuss my situation or the sellers and try to bring a better deal or contract price together, and they went tot he seller and said this is the best offer out there the market is quiet and we recommend you take it. A good agent and very experienced one would not do this and has to seekt he best possible price for their sellers and work the contract up and follow up all people at the opens correctly.

So I think by worrying about saving 4- 5 k in commission you would be worse for wear as may loose out sometimes 10- 20k or more in negotiations nad correct sales negotiations. Also the GO GECKO office was not at all experienced in contracts and writing them so I wrote clauses in my contracts that would allow an out the whole way through and they didnt bat an eyelid. If i was the selling agent I would never allow the behaviour that I gave to them as a buyer or the contract clauses as I inserted.

So maybe good to buy through them but not good to sell through them.

When selecting an agent you should also look at their experience, time in industry, training and what support and marketing plan they are going to do for your home.

Kylie

Profile photo of GeoffDoyleGeoffDoyle
    @geoffdoyle

Hi Simon

As the CEO of Go Gecko I would refute the assertions made by Kylie earlier.

We have a fantastic team at the Go Gecko Victoria Point office.  Donna and Rachael are the business owners as well as the leading salespeople in their office.  They have an extensive Real Estate background both with Go Gecko and other brands, and list and sell a large number of properties in the Thornlands area.  I receive testamonials from delighted clients of the Victoria Point office regularly and the feedback is very positive.

Simon have a chat to Rachael or Donna on 07 32078012, to check out their professionalism.  By the way you will only pay $5950 when your property sells.

Geoff

Participant
    @businessglobal

Hi Geoff,

I was not talking about your office in Victoria Point, at no point was this comment about this office, as I have never dealt with this office.
    It was an outline of an esperience and 1 franchise office on the North Side and also one on the South side where these comments apply to and my experience to date.
    Please read my comments in correct context and note that I did not apply these to your Vic Pt Office, I was making a comment of my experience and some of the reasons why sellers should not just only look for the cheapest agents or purely only look at the fee, and they must focus also on the experience of the actual sales agent, time in the profession, training, experience and how good the office is.

I am happy to try out your go gecko office as I buy continously for our family and always looking for deals and also do a lot of buyers agency work for clients so happy to try this office as this area is where we are looking for some purchasing of small devt sites or renos, so thanks for the numbers of your principals.

Kylie

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.