All Topics / General Property / JDL Strategies

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • Profile photo of Free_willyFree_willy
    @free_willy

Has anyone had any experience with JDL Strategies? Julio De Laffitte is the director a Brazilian businessman?

Profile photo of EvolveEvolve
    @evolve

Hi Winnie,

I have heard of them.

Found some more info here also:
    http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60754

Good luck with your research.

Profile photo of Free_willyFree_willy
    @free_willy

Much appreciated

Profile photo of Kelly GainerKelly Gainer
    @kelly-gainer

Hello Winnie,

Julio De Laffitte is Brazillian but has lived in Aussie for well over 20 years (not sure how lnong but he now calles himself a Aussie). Myself and my husband have used JDL Strategies for a few years now and have been and seen Julio at his seminars 3 times now. It is really worth seeing him in person before you do anything. Great thing is JDL company does not push anything on you at all and really helps the whole process work well. You can call the 1300 number and get help or email them (have to get this online). We spent a few years looking for help when I saw Julio at his seminar. They really are good and don't mess you around. Please ask anymore info and I can provide you. Really hope this helps.

@kelly-gainer

Sorry try jdlstrategies.com.au but really find out when you can see Julio at a seminar. It took me a while to get husband there but when he went it changed our lives.

Profile photo of Free_willyFree_willy
    @free_willy

Thanks Kelly, its refreshing to see a company who has a full investment service including financial planners, finance brokers, insurance and property management, also claiming to of helped 223 clients to become multi millionaires… big call.

Buy and hold strategy with full service facilitators. Doesn't appear to be a development company or real estate company trying to sell their own product as far as I can tell.

Kelly, how many properties have you acquired? Do they deliver?

@kelly-gainer

Hi Winnie,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to you. I am not sure what you mean by Do they deliver? We have 4 properties and another one in the making. We have learnt to use the services of JDL to make this work. They are up front with what rthey make from us being clients meaning that it costs us nothing. They make from the property developers and bank etc. Julio tells it straight and that is really good. We have a good portfoilio now and its working well. As I said, we had looked at many and happy to use JDL. All I can say is get the information and learn as much as you can from there. Good luck.

Profile photo of Henry AdamsHenry Adams
    @henry-adams

Sounds cool,

so how much is the price they charge for their service and joining fee ?

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

They probably do it for free.

Cheers

Yours in Finance

Richard Taylor | Mortgage Broker helping investors build their wealth thru property
    http://www.mortgagecapitalaustralia.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

0-40 Properties in a decade with a unencumbered portfolio value in excess of $40M. Ask me for a copy of my API Interview.

Profile photo of Henry AdamsHenry Adams
    @henry-adams
    Free_willy wrote:
    Has anyone had any experience with JDL Strategies? Julio De Laffitte is the director a Brazilian businessman?

Hi Willy, how’s it going ?

I signed up with JDL Strategies by paying $880 once off with my credit card, they seems to be good to me by giving away $1500 fast track to wealth seminar and also they follow up on my progress with my financial details and analysis to forecast wealth building strategies that works for me.

Profile photo of SjoukjeSjoukje
    @sjoukje

I am sure you will learn a lot from talking to consultants in this organisation. However, it is best to approach independant people outside the organisation to obtain second opinions. There are several mortgage brokers on this forum you can talk too about the finance aspect.

You can then look in your own city for areas to invest. The best way to get started is to buy a block of land and build your IP. This way you will obtain your property at cost without paying thousands in hidden commissons. Established properties are always sold at a premium.

Profile photo of byrniebyrnie
    Participant
    @byrnie

about this time last year I did a google for JDL, and this discussion (and the somersoft one linked to above) were the only ones returned (other than links the JDL website itself). so I set up a google alert to see if any results would come in. in the news I found the following link http://www.franchisebusiness.com.au/c/JDL-Strategies which piqued my interest in doing another serious google for JDL… but once again only this website and the somersoft were at the top of the list.  so I registered to be able to add some new discussion.

anyway, this time last year I signed up for JDL, and followed through to the purchase of their suggested house and land package (which included their fee – $9000 approx – upon settlement), and I get the keys today.

the process was easy, the service was great, and i'm happy at this point. but to qualify that, I am not an avid investor (in any market) and do not have the knowledge to go through this process myself with as little strain as I experienced this time round. this was a great way for me to invest, because I'm a novice, and i'm confident that they have set up my investment in a way that's appropriate for my income tax return, plus I learnt a lot at the same time.

i can only hope that they selected a H&L package that will provide satisfactory returns and growth, but i will get back to you in 30 years with the overall success of this decision :)

Profile photo of Dino45Dino45
    @dino45

Hi yes I can share my experience with you. I got involved with JDL around 2 years ago. I believed I had landed in the right place a complete done for you process.

The finance approval was handled poorly, there advise took me away from Perth to Queensland, Home was built quickly and of a high quality. But the home was very small like a unit, The homes I built in Perth for the same amount of money were nearly twice that size.

Because they buy in bulk and sell to there list a lot of competition in your street, when my investment hit the market a lot of other properties empty in same street, which resulted in poor rent, and hard to secure a tenant.

I had home Valued at time of completion, valuation came in $40,000 under what I paid, I have just had home valued in the last couple of days Valuation came in at sale price based on todays market $360,000 I paid and have a bank loan for $484,000, that is a $124,000 Loss in 2 years.

The rent I receive is $410 per week and the cost are around $700 per week.

I am lucky I have a lot of money to be able to handle such losses but if you are just starting and landed in a deal like this, it could sink most. They claim the have a 50 point check list which guarantees you wont buy a lemon, maybe the guy was on holidays when i purchased this property. I rang them a year ago and offered them the property back $50,000 less than what I paid, they were not interested. No surprises there. Think twice, the 2 properties I built myself here in Perth are going great.

The reason for this review is to save others from making the same mistake.

Profile photo of The FoxThe Fox
    Participant
    @the-fox

An old thread I know but what I can’t figure out about JDL Strategies is this.

Are they being also being paid by the seller when they sell properties? I have listened to the video clip by Julio about their fee structure and he seems to suggest that they are paid by the buyer and are therefore a ‘buyers agent’.

Fair enough but do they also get paid by the seller / developer for selling their stock? This is something he has not disclosed one way or the other. If so, I would submit that they are offside with the current real estate legislation as they are acting as a buyers agent and sellers agent in the same transaction, which is a clear conflict of interest and breaches the Real Estate Code of conduct regulations in QLD at the very least.

Now perhaps someone from the company would like to clear this up for us. The question is do you also get paid sales commissions by the sellers/ developers for the properties you sell?

Profile photo of APOLOAPOLO
    Participant
    @apolo

Hi Guys ,buying properties for wealthy building is very simple ,there are only 2 ways to get there. either you do it your self and pay for the cost of your mistakes or let somebody do it for you and they make money out of property sales either way you have to pay .DIY will cost more in the long run and you will say in the end that property is not for you. so my pick is get hold of someone who has already done it and follow them ,like what I did ,this property business is very simple . don’t over complicate it by doing research and listening to people at BBQ etc , get a coach and ask him what he has done and follow him ,if you want my coach let me know I can lend him to you .

Profile photo of Property ProProperty Pro
    Participant
    @jdlstrategies

Hi there – any real complaints will be lodged via the correct channels such as COSL or ASIC and if you search both of these sites there are no complaints against JDL Strategies.

Just to point out a couple of things from a comment above:

1. If they have a loan for $484,000 then this would mean the property was bought for approx. $459,000. ($459,000 + $25,000 cost)
    JDL did not have any properties in this price range 2 years ago in QLD unless it was a completed property (which they only do in SMSF and the loan can only be 70% max when in a SMSF)

2. JDL’s rental guarantee does not allow for this to happen in the 1st instance. An issue of an over priced property would be identified with valuations coming outside their guarantee.

3. None of the JDL properties cost $700 per week unless this person did not do tax.

4. If the person was dealing with JDL it is a 44 point checklist and not 50.

5. Properties in QLD are larger than any properties they have in WA and the building costs in WA have to be more than a similar sized property in QLD as the properties are double brick.

JDL has 18 years of being in business and if they did not have a great product they would have been out of business a long time ago.

Participant
    @the-fox

Property Pro, it sounds very much to me that that you are somehow involved with, or speaking on behalf of JDL Strategies in your post. If I am correct about this I wonder why you have completely avoided my previous question?

Secondly to suggest that by searching for complaints against JDL on the internet and not being able to find them on government websites, somehow proves that the company is operating legitimately is just nonsense. Likewise to suggest that just because a company has been in business a long time they can be trusted is also nonsense.

I know of a number of property marketing companies who have been in business for many years who still attract regular complaints from their clients. Often it’s years before the clients of these companies realize they have been duped and sold under performing and overpriced investment properties. When they complain they are often fobbed off not just by the companies, but also the government departments who they complain to. They are told to pursue the matter civilly which they don’t have the funds to do and these companies know it. This is why the dodgy marketing companies can easily stay in business ripping off consumers for many years undeterred.

So are JDL Strategies really doing something different than all the rest? I’m not convinced? They claim to be buyers agents acting in the buyers best interests, but are they secretly also taking sales commissions from the properties that they recommend to their buyers? No-one from the company has answered this yet and I noticed that Julio’s video on the internet about fees seemed to avoid this. Therefore I would encourage all consumers considering doing business with this company to properly establish how JDL get paid and who pays them.

Profile photo of driventosucceeddriventosucceed
    Participant
    @cmarsden

If you look underneath Property Pro’s forum name, you’ll see their login is @jdlstrategies so I think you’re correct “TheFox” !

Participant
    @the-fox

Yes exactly “driventosucceed” Interesting how they are obviously avoiding answering my very legitimate and direct questions now! Don’t believe for a minute that they are not now monitoring the comments made about them on this site.

Come on Julio. By avoiding my questions you are beginning to look like just another silver toothed sales spiv who will say anything in order to make a buck out of inexperienced and uneducated property investors.

Only yesterday I was forwarded some promotional information from JDL in which Julio was claiming that he had created over 200 property millionaires. Really? So I have to ask, what exactly is your definition of a ‘property millionaire’ Julio?

Is it the same as all the other sales spivs who claim a person only has to control over $1.mil worth of property to satisfy the criteria? Or is it the definition that most of us would expect which is to control property in which you have over $1.mil worth of equity? (i.e. over $1 mil in net worth)

As you can see there is a big difference in the two definitions, but this is a classic example of the deceptive tricks property sales spivs will use, to fool consumers into thinking they are more successful than they really are. Now we won’t put Julio into that box just yet, but I think the fact that he and his supporters appear to have dodged my questions about this to date, points to the fact that consumers need to be very careful about this company. I suspect I have hit on some questions they don’t want to answer. Am I right Julio?

Profile photo of Still learningStill learning
    Participant
    @mdavey

Hi there. I thought I would let others know about my experiences with JDL strategies. It is early days so I don’t want to over criticise nor praise, I just want to express what is happened so far. I attended JDL seminars and followed up with the $ 880 financial review. I was happy to take up this offer as I felt my financial situation needed review. I believe that investing in real estate is a good idea both tax effective and a good way to diverse from shares. In principle I agreed with the JDL strategies and I certainly needed someone to help me through such investing as I was totally lacking in experience and also lacking in time to do research. The $ 880 financial review was useful although I wasn’t 100% sure my situation was completely understood despite having given so much information. The end result was that it would be in my interest to invest in properties and economically viable in the long term. I was a little taken back that the plan was to invest in 4 properties initially as I was expecting only to invest in one but the concept of a ” chain reaction” was outlined and with some financial rearrangements and several loans from different banks it seemed feasible once the properties were up and renting. My big fear is how long it will take to get everything up and running because you are buying land first and have to wait for the building to be done before rental is possible… potentially quite a long time. Because of some pre-existing financial arrangements it has taken a long time to get the appropriate loans organised and even now after 3 months I have not completed a purchase of one property. When it does occur I am concerned about my ability to repay the loans until rental occurs. The financial restructuring is still somewhat in the air and unclear how it will eventuate. I am concerned about being left high and dry with heavy debts and not being able to service the debts and rental being delayed. It is all quite hair raising and causing some sleepless nights. This does not seem the way to go. I am just hoping so much it will sort itself out as I am constantly being told it will be. I will report back later and tell you the story.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.