All Topics / Help Needed! / DA approval – Toowoomba

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of jksullyjksully
    @jksully

My husband and I are seriously 'dipping our toe' into the property development market and are currently looking at purchasing a property with a 1277sqm block.  The block has DA approval for the development of 514sqm (behind the present property) which has a proposed laneway access running past the current property which is a 763sqm block.

I would very much appreciate any thoughts on the proposed development, things that we should be aware of, pitfalls etc. 

I personally would like to build two 2 storey units on the 514sqm block as this development will be surrounded by housing and am quite concerned about the aesthetics of ground level duplexs, also unsure of the current rulings with Toowoomba city council re building two story duplexs on a dual occupancy.

Any assistance/advice greatly appreciated

Profile photo of Matt007Matt007
    @matt007

Get familiar with the town plan, first and foremost. That will dictate what you can and cannot build there. A call to Council Planning will also shed light on what they would approve and not approve. Once you have that idea, you can then start to approach builders and QS and get costings etc.

DA = Development Approval, so (and this is my bugbear with ads and everything so its not aimed at you Jksully) so saying DA Approval is like saying "development approval approval"….grrrrr…. damn semantics :)

Profile photo of castorcastor
    Participant
    @castor

D.A. means Development Application.
    You must check if the DA has ben approved before doing anything,
    the best way to do it is to check with the council or town planner
    usually if the DA has been approved you have to comply with it to build on the land, or ask to change or modify the actual DA Approved before anything (see council or town planner).
    cheers

Profile photo of Trev71Trev71
    @trev71

We are looking at doing similar here in toowoomba….have been told that council and related fees can be in the vicinity of 80k but havnt
    looked too far into it yet…send me a private message if you wish to share ideas and experiences

Profile photo of jksullyjksully
    @jksully

Heavens above that figure will be out of our league.  DA has already been granted on this property, but will make some serious phone calls on Monday and see how the land lies with the council

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.