All Topics / Help Needed! / Hepburn Springs Vic

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of netsnets
    @nets

Hi, I am new to this and looking for advice.  We are thinking of buying land in Hepburn Springs with a view to holding the land for 5-10 years and then building a holiday rental. There are emotional reasons as well as financial reasons for this investment so i expect I may be told to keep the two separate!  The emotional reasons include the idea of building a house the way we would like  and as an interior designer I believe I could make it unique in this higher end holiday rental area.  I guess my question is, do people think Hepburn Springs is a good area to invest in?  Would love to know from people in the know!  ta

Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

Hi Nets, welcome to the site!

An important guide for me when making life decisions is to ask myself … what are my goals (ie. what are my emotional, subjective desires that I want to make a priority in my life)?  Then I look into the best way to achieve this (ie. the rational/financial).  I suppose the trick is to not let the emotional side cloud good judgement when wieghing up how to achieve these goals.  So I believe they always have to work together. 

I suspect from a pure investment point of view there are better options than Hepburn.  But you may still be able to make it work – it's all in the numbers. 

Look through the forums, there are many discussions on how people invest with different budgets, risk levels, time committments etc.  But what they cant tell you is what you want out of life.  There will be a scenario that will suit your goals and it may not be the most lucrative.  Good luck with your journey.

Andrew

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.