All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Tax Invoice from 2007

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

Hi Everyone,
    I just received a tax invoice from 2007. The company claims it was not paid.  Whether or not I paid it in 2007, this is the first time I can recall the company contacting me to pay the invoice. 

Do I have to go through my records to prove that I did pay it? Or can I tell them to go away since its been 3 years and I have no idea whether it was paid or not?

Thanks
    Mat

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

if you received the goods, then you would be liable to pay irrwspective of the timeframe. Review you chequebook/transaction account as proof of payment.

Profile photo of mathewc73mathewc73
    Participant
    @mathewc73

Chequebook?  What is that!

Thanks Ill painfully wipe the cob webs off my 2007 archives and try to locate proof!

Profile photo of LinarLinar
    @linar

If you were really opposed to looking into whether you paid the bill or not, you could always ignore the tax invoice and see whether the company follows it up or not.  It seems to me that there was some bad accountkeeping in 2007 and someone a bit switched on has taken over the reins and is chasing up unpaid invoices in the hope that some might get paid.  The company may not do anything more than just issue the invoices.

Having said that, I am a believer in paying for a good or service that I have received.  I would look through the archives and if I hadn't paid it, I would pay it.

Cheers

K

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.