All Topics / Finance / June Interest on IP

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of JPS25JPS25
    Participant
    @jps25

Hi

The Interest on our IP added to loan 30th June by the bank but not paid by us until the end of July is it tax deductuble this year 2009/2010 or next 2010/2011?

Also Ip loan is only in husbands name so I had to go guarantor as equity was being used on our home (both names) the solicitor bill for this does it get added to the base cost for CGT or is it deductuble?

Thanks for your help still new at this

JPS25

Profile photo of WJ HookerWJ Hooker
    Participant
    @wj-hooker

JPS25
                I presume you mean, you paid your monthly repayment at the end of July ?
    Yes your interest is for 2009/10

Loan cost so deductable over 5 years. Your name doesn't matter its all on your husbands tax.

bye

Profile photo of WJ HookerWJ Hooker
    Participant
    @wj-hooker

JPS25,
                 I think maybe I read it wrong for the solicitor…If you mean the solicitor was just for the loan then as above.
    But if the solicitor was for the transfer of property etc then it not deductable and is a cost of the house.as for CGT etc.

bye again

Profile photo of JPS25JPS25
    Participant
    @jps25

Thanks WJhooker

Yes the solicitors bill is for the investment loan

The Interest was charged by the bank this June the 30th but is not due to be paid till end of July which falls in a different tax year so haven't actually paid it yet

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.