All Topics / General Property / tenants lease

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of JPS25JPS25
    Participant
    @jps25

Hi

We are still new at this our first tenants moved in last week, should we have recieved a copy of the lease by now or not?

Thanks for any help or advice

JPS25

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

Yes, I am guessing an agent signed the new tenant up, You should have received it by now, if this agent is managing the property as well it will make you wonder how good they will be if there slack at getting you the lease doc.

Give the agent a call and say you are following up on the doc and see what they say,

The agent I have calls me ASAP and has all paper work ready etc.

Profile photo of cuteyoungchiccuteyoungchic
    Participant
    @cuteyoungchic

Yes, JPS25, follow it up, and while you're at it, ask – tell – them you'd like – want –  a copy of the Property Condition Report as soon as it's signed & returned by the tenant.
    You pay quite a lot towards a new lease, you're entitled to copies of both these items.      Property Managers guard their Property Condition Reports (known as PCR's) with their lives, they absolutely do not want you to have a copy.   But mate, you'll have paid somewhere in the vicinity of $90 upwards for it, therefore you're entitled to a copy.
    I made an equiry last week of our REIWA, and the lady there told me to use the words  "I instruct you to……"   when requesting something of my Property Manager, because it's me who pays her wages.
    Make a habit also, of emailing ALL communications as opposed to phoning – you may be surprised at the number of times you need to refer back to your/their emails.

Profile photo of JPS25JPS25
    Participant
    @jps25

Thanks for your help we have emailed our property manager requesting both the lease and the property report

Profile photo of JPS25JPS25
    Participant
    @jps25

Finaly got our copy of the lease and property report. Not too happy that the lease is for 8 months not the agreed 12months as per phone call. Lesson learnt in future we will have everything confirmed by email and make sure we sight the lease before the tenant signs. On the positive side I suppose it means we can increase the rent when up for renewal if the tenants decide to stay on.
    You learn by your mistakes so hopefully we won't repeat this one in a hurry.

Thanks for your help

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.