All Topics / General Property / sub dividing my land

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of danny clappdanny clapp
    @danny-clapp

Hi all, I have a 4500 sqm block with a BV house on the property. Land is 24m across the front, 152m long on the left, 38m across the back and 101m long down the right. The house is situated down the left hand side of the block approx 36m from front boundary to end of house and 15m from left boundary to far side of house. How many units or townhouses could I possibly build if I allow a space of 100m (left side) x 38m (back) x 60m (right side) x 30m front + drive way seperate. Whats the cost per square to build roughly? House is in Kangaroo Flat VIC. Sorry for having no idea about this, any help much appreciated.  Danny

Profile photo of v8ghiav8ghia
    @v8ghia

Hi Danny, and welcome to the forum.
    Might be a good idea to have a chat with the local council….then again.
    Might be a better idea to have a chat with someone who does inspections/approvals in the area to see if they can assist, as they should be well up with what the Bendigo council wants.
    I'm around your area (yes, I've even bought stuff off you if your name is who I think…) and we recently built a new shed, and I used the guy at Bendigo Building Services (new business) to look after that for me – no affiliation but he seemed to be in the know, did not rip me off, and was quick. Cheaper to ask first I reckon. I believe the council have made recent changes to lands sizes etc with subdivisions.
    All the best with the project.

Cheers :-)

Profile photo of Change Of PlanChange Of Plan
    Participant
    @change-of-plan

Hi Danny,
    I would suggest that you have a look at the zoning and overlays for your site as a starting point.  You can get that online from land.vic.gov.au (planning maps online).  Then have a chat to someone as v8ghia suggested.

Regards,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.