All Topics / Help Needed! / Can anyone recommaned a good building inspecting company with structural guarantee on the report for 12 months+? And Costs?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of housegoodieshousegoodies
    @housegoodies

Can anyone recommaned a good building inspecting company with structural guarantee on the report for 12 months+? And Costs?

Find one on the net but the costs is $860 and it does not even offer structural guarantee.

Thanks many

Profile photo of propertunitypropertunity
    Participant
    @propertunity
    housegoodies wrote:
    Can anyone recommaned a good building inspecting company

It would help if you mentioned where you were. Ones we use are approx $400.

housegoodies wrote:
    Find one on the net but the costs is $860 and it does not even offer structural guarantee.

I'm pretty certain that structural guarantees come from the original builder – for the first 6 or 7 years. I don't think you are going to get an inspection company (or their insurers) offering you any guarantees for something they did not construct.

Profile photo of housegoodieshousegoodies
    @housegoodies

Thanks for your response, I am in the Perth Area, in regards to the structural guarantees come from the original builder – for the first 6 or 7 years. Does the structural guarantee transfers to the next person when the property is sold say within 1 year of construction?

Profile photo of propertunitypropertunity
    Participant
    @propertunity
    housegoodies wrote:
    Does the structural guarantee transfers to the next person when the property is sold say within 1 year of construction?

My understanding is that the builders warranty is transferrable. Why not give the HIA or MBA in WA a phone call just to confirm?

Profile photo of housegoodieshousegoodies
    @housegoodies

I will do that that, thanks so much for your advice propertunity. I will post the response here when I get an answer.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.