All Topics / Finance / LoDoc Loans after 1/7

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ChengwaiChengwai
    Participant
    @chengwai

Hi Guys

Just want to see any finance brokers still dare to write lodocs now?

I have a few leads but I may have to turn them down…

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi William

Have no problems in writing them but i ask for BAS and Bank Statements.

Seems to me incredible that a Broker cannot write a lodoc loan unless he can deem that the loan is not unsuitable for a client yet the same client can then walk straight into a lender direct and they can write the deal until Jan 1 11.

Must admit have declined a couple of deals already under NCCP.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of traceyimbtraceyimb
    Participant
    @traceyimb

Hi William,

I originally thought that there would be no more low docs after 1 July.  Perhaps that will be after 1 Jan 2011.  I think it will definitely slow things down in the low doc market as brokers will be asking for BAS statements and bank statements now.

I notice that you have licensed finance broker on your post.
    Probably in your signature?  I suppose we are all going to have to take change that now as we are no longer licensed in WA.

I wonder if anyone will change it to something other than finance broker or mortgage broker.
    Maybe "ASIC registered credit assistance providers"? Sounds silly. Until you become a credit representative or Australian Credit Licence Holder? Hmm… Doesn't have the same ring to it.  I think I will stick with Finance Broker.

I received a letter from WA Dept of Commerce today.  The are going to refund the Finance Brokers licence fees pro rata if you apply by 30 September 2010.  Don't let the State Goverment keep your licence fee make sure you go to the website http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au and download the refund form.

Cheers,
    Tracey

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Tracey

Yes ironic isnt it that as i mentioned earlier a Broker has to ask for such additional document but a couple of the Banks can still do a loan both purchase and refinance on a stated income basis for another 6 months.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of ChengwaiChengwai
    Participant
    @chengwai

This is the confusing part. I knew that the actual thing is kicking in 1/1/2011, but I believe we may have to start preparing the responsible lending and preliminary credit assessment from 1/7/10 already?

For me now every single application feels like a trap – annoys me badly!! Well for S/E with BAS that's not a big issues but for those who needs ANZ LoDoc 60 PAYG…I just couldn't think of any excuses…

Tracey, I got the same letter as well. I just got my license extended beginning of this year and I'll consider to plan a bomb under dept of Commerce if they don't refund the lic fee. um…I think we should have the "licensed" removed from all our advertising materials? Thanks for reminding me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.