All Topics / General Property / What is the most expensive quote you have got ?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of crustycrusty
    Participant
    @crusty

I thought it would be interesting to see the price range quoted for building a basic standard 2 bath room house, I was quoted $278,000 for a168sqm house. I thought this was rather excessive considering I built an almost Identical house but 25 sqm  smaller 2 years ago for halve this price   (144,000) that needed alot of sand trucked in.     Is this the result of Krudds efforts to increase housing supplies by throwing money around and doubling the house prices, I have heard builders only want to work 6 months of the year as they have made sooo much money out of the stimulus package and buiding schools.   Just when housing was becoming affordable and builders where reducing prices to keep there buisness going and retain employees rather then charge what the market would bear.  The government has to poke its nose in, so now every-one has to pay higher house prices,higher taxes, and higher interest rates for years to come.

Profile photo of ToolsTools
    Participant
    @tools
    crusty wrote:
    I have heard builders only want to work 6 months of the year as they have made sooo much money out of the stimulus package and building schools. 

You have it half right. We do only want to work 6 months of the year( who wouldn't !), but participating in the BER and NSP works on schools is not the means to this end.

tools

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.