All Topics / Help Needed! / New Estate’s

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of NugeNuge
    @nuge

Hi i’m just wondering if anyone know’s how to find out where the upcoming estate’s will be in certain area’s ?
    I’m looking at buying a block to build on within 30 from my work in Macedon but anytime a new estate is released the good blocks are sold instantly.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Keep a close eye on the council website.  Keep a close eye on googlemaps to see if there are any new squares marked on the map.  Most importantly, make a phonecall (or better still, go in) to the council and speak to someone from the planning department.  Make them your new best friend, and contact them often to get a heads up on future plans.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of RnPRnP
    @rnp

Another tip is to get out and actually drive around the suburbs.  Sometimes big land holdeers will put "Development coming soon" signs up which will give you a good starting point to ring around.  Councils are also another great start.
    Amanda

Profile photo of NugeNuge
    @nuge

Thanks so much for your help

Profile photo of Change Of PlanChange Of Plan
    Participant
    @change-of-plan

Most of the local councils have a planning register on their website, which will contain some details of all new applications received, so you could try having a look at that.  If they don't have one on the website then you can always view one at the council office (they have to provide it).

A council planner will generally only search for specific addresses, which is not likely to help much for your type of searching. 

Melanie Ellis
    Town Planner
    http://www.achangeofplan.com.au

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.