All Topics / Help Needed! / Luke Gilford???

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • Profile photo of KeyStrategiesKeyStrategies
    @keystrategies
    TC62 wrote:
    Gee Property Investor1, if I didn't know any better i'd think you were PennyBaker's brother. Again, pretty over-the-top with 'glowing praises' considering this is your first post. Like Penny, most people will read your post with a grain of salt.

Greetings  Forumites – from a seminar veteran

Now I am new to the forums but after spending tens of thousands of hours and dollars in various free and paid events/seminars and having invested in numerous property investment "home study courses" out there – I can confirm that you guys are right – there too many of these spruikers out there and the MO is – run a Free event that could be from 1 1/2 hours up to 1 day – this leads to an up-sell into a 2-3 day event for $3K to $6,000 which then turns into an upsell for 12 mths "mentoring" from $25K to $50,000 for information that is readily available in these forums and on the net for FREE or that you can find in books and audio programmes for a fraction of the price.

Granted I have met some great people over the years and have learned a few things, the seminars have generally only served to confirm that what I have been doing was working and that I was on the right track with my own investment strategies.

I have not come across this Luke Giford before but based on the number of glowing single post recommendations it appears that self promotion is seriously at work here.

My suggestion for anyone thinking of attending seminars is go to at least 10 FREE previews first and leave your credit cards at home – That way you have a chance of assessing the information and Not getting sucked in.
    The thing is Presenters use the guise of Education to gain leverage – to make out that they are gurus and get you into a room for 2 – 3 days at a time to influence your thinking. The aim is to get to get you to think that you know and like them and that they have the answers you need to progress. As Kiyosaki says when emotions are high – Intelligence is low and that's when they strike.

For newbies and veterans to the Property Investment scene if you are thinking of attending seminars you should do your due diligence on presenters and promoters before going down that path – thank god for google search

Let me say this – I would NOT recommend anyone go and pay $25 to $50K for a 12 month mentoring programme from any of these spruiker's. There are many horror stories from people that have, only they get buried in the back pages because these guys are smart and know how to manipulate and use the internet. 

Oh and if you are not happy with the home study course or programme make sure you get your refund and if not report the issue to FAir Trading and post it to the forums

Just my opinion based on my 20 plus years experience of attending seminars and investing in property.

You have been warned

Cheers

Profile photo of jacaranda77jacaranda77
    @jacaranda77

I definitely don't believe a word he says and for me it's the biggest rip off ever. I've some thoughts about the reason for his enormous charges but you'll have to contact me via email. thanks

Profile photo of jacaranda77jacaranda77
    @jacaranda77
    propman1 wrote:
    I was recommended to this course last year and went to his training last year.  The Luke Gilford Workshop was NOT worth the money.   It was a huge waste of money. <moderator: delete personal comments>

His website, GreedIsGood.com is a reflection of his methods.

Hi Propman1. I absolutely agree with you. Not worth the money. Infact a complete waste of time if you ask me. I get more from Dymhpna's absolutely free 3 day seminar. I've never heard her knock anyone and have the need to be the tall poppy. I would definitely not recommend LG to anyone.

Profile photo of ALF1ALF1
    Participant
    @alf1

Luke Guilford, Carly Crutchfield & CCorp, Premium Finance Services, A Better Choice or ABC, Optima Equity Solutions, Synergy Pacific, Jardine Pacific…… All the same. East coast wealth creation gurus who just want to flog you something and make some REAL EASY money from the novice's out there

Profile photo of Think4yourself99Think4yourself99
    @think4yourself99

Hi propertymistro, I have completed the LGW course as have many people i know and can tell you doing that course is one huge pep talk <moderator: delete personal comment> all this for a measly 5,500 dollars. DO yourself a favour find someone qualified to give you( legal )and helpful advice and tell all you know to be very wary of this individual. … you will learn a few things and one of those things will be DO YOUR HOMEWORK <moderator: edit>. Hope this helps.

<moderator: I have had to edit out quite a chunk of this post as it needs to relate more to personal experience rather than personal comments and speculations about another person>.

@think4yourself99

Ps.. If you have been mislead or are dissatisfied with LGW’s Course please let me know if i can be of assistance.

Profile photo of HassassinHassassin
    @hassassin

Think4yourself99, i agree with you that it is a measly 5,500 dollars. What i have gotten for my 5,500 has been so much more. I actually got my value back on the weekend itself and have since gone on to replicate it over and over and over and using the education and support to invest in property in a completely different way than i had previously been over the years. Theres a lot more speed in which i am now making money from property so for me, you’re right. It is a measly amount to invest in myself and my knowledge. Whether you get a return on your investment is completely up to you to use the knowledge. I know i have!
    Mate, i also agree with you that he had some issues with staff. I have dealt with and spoken with these staff members who proudly told me that they had on their own accord approached and then been accepted to go on board with the company. Then, to hear them leave and go back to their day jobs is such a disappointment. I know of one particular staff member who has failed miserably as a investor as well as a coach. One of the guys i did my workshop with is owed money from this guy and turns out that he owes money to quite a number of people. I understand that a action is being brought against him from a group of people to repay these debts. I told my mate to contact the company regarding this and it turns out the company has been dealing with cleaning up the mess that is left behind from staff who have no integrity and misrepresent themselves!
    Look, in any case, i believe that you can never please everyone. But for now, until i have reason to complain, i am still a very happy customer and from what i have achieved from the education and support i would be happy to pay 5500 a year! But unlike most other courses, there is no annual membership / renewal fees or upselling to the next course etc etc so i really don’t understand what the moaning and complaining is all about.
    Happy days!!!

@hassassin
    jacaranda77 wrote:
    Hi Propman1. I absolutely agree with you. Not worth the money. Infact a complete waste of time if you ask me. I get more from Dymhpna's absolutely free 3 day seminar. I've never heard her knock anyone and have the need to be the tall poppy. I would definitely not recommend LG to anyone.

Hi jacaranda77, i went to Dymphna’s seminar too and also spent i think it was 4-5k on the package of books and dvds. Great that she works for you and not knocking her at all but i had way more success with LGW by far. I was contacted by one of Dymphna’s representatives who’s a finance broker, who from what i gathered didn’t know much about helping me implement the strategies Dymphna spoke about. It never went any further than providing me with basic general information but nothing specific to my situation.
    I’ve also had meetings with Luke and his staff and it was great! They offered different ideas re: my deal and i thought it was great that they all took the time to meet with me. But, you can’t please everyone hey?

Profile photo of APOLOAPOLO
    Participant
    @apolo

Hi Guys , If you go to any property work shop ,you will at least get 10% of the truth ,go to 5 of this events ( i mean free ones)and get 50% of Truth and you use that to make at least $30K profit ,if that is not happening then you must be going to wrong events .

@hassassin
    ALF1 wrote:
    All the same. East coast wealth creation gurus who just want to flog you something and make some REAL EASY money from the novice's out there

Mate i think that’s not altogether a fair comment to broadly generalise everyone as flogging stuff and making easy money. People either learn through making mistakes of their own which may be very costly and detrimental or they learn from other people’s mistakes as taught through guidance and mentoring. I look at what i’ve invested in myself to arm myself with proper knowledge and information and i know that i have certainly avoided making mistakes that would have costed me an arm and a leg otherwise. In any case, my return on my investment is far greater. That’s how i look at it anyway.

Profile photo of PositiveMindSetPositiveMindSet
    @positivemindset

Hey fellow posters.

I’ve been in property development before and since my last post here have been in contact with Luke Gilford Workshops to see what else I could learn. I strongly believe in constantly being open to learning new things and never being comfortable just sitting on your laurels.

Fair enough he’s quite a straight forward guy and initially difficult to swallow having someone younger than me mentoring me but suffice to say I find it very valuable having access to his coaching on things that I thought I knew all about. He may not be everyone’s cup of tea as his coaching is straight and direct and he doesn’t tolerate BS. I can see how some people may not thrive under that because it’s not what they want to hear. For me, I love it that the coaching is that way. No pussy footing around just get straight to the point. I’m here to learn and expand, not to be coddled, so really appreciate the mentoring.

I’ve since learnt about finance structures and sacking my previous broker and getting one on board who is a property developer himself. I’ve saved a minty just by changing my finance structure so that alone I am very pleased about.

I’m open to doing some deals with other like minded grads (GarthAdams, PennyBaker, knowurstuff, Hassassin, Property_Investor1) — pls PM me if you’re interested!

Btw, Property_Investor1 I think I know who you are. I remember a few of the coaches sharing about the Christmas day phone call from a grad that wanted some coaching prior to the property settling. Nice work, good to know they actually do answer the phone!

PS. Just rang for some coaching on a deal, expected to leave a voice message and my call returned tomorrow as it’s now almost 9pm. They answered and provided some direction as to my next steps.

Profile photo of PositiveMindSetPositiveMindSet
    @positivemindset
    Qlds007 wrote:
    Oh well i guess another poster who will get to 3 posts and then disppear back under ther rock they crawled from without contributing anything to the general property community who post here. 
    KeyStrategies wrote:
    TC62 wrote:
    Gee Property Investor1, if I didn't know any better i'd think you were PennyBaker's brother. Again, pretty over-the-top with 'glowing praises' considering this is your first post. Like Penny, most people will read your post with a grain of salt.

… but based on the number of glowing single post recommendations it appears that self promotion is seriously at work

Think the same can be said about the single posts that seem to just dump and go… I read the negatives with a grain of salt too like TC62 said.

From a relative newbie too, thanks for having me!

@think4yourself99

JACARANDA,

I would love to talk with you asap.

@hassassin

Hmm. Noticing a lot of personal toned and moderator edited posts here. And just realised the original post was almost a year old now! I agree with PositiveMindSet, and am also noticing that the “dump” posts are from people who contribute nothing else to the general population!
    Think4yourself99, I am a client, mind you a happy one too, and I want to know what you’re warning about paying more than i think or misinformation or false promises of coaching?
    I have implemented the strategies learnt, i have been in action and learnt so much, i have gotten coaching everytime when i’ve asked for it, and like PositiveMindSet, I’ve had my questions answered even late at night! I have not been asked to pay more than the tuition, there’s no upselling to other courses or books or dvds, so what exactly are you on about?
    Like i’ve said before. I believe it is completely up to you to make something of yourself. And you can either look at the positives and opportunities and continue to grow and learn, or play woe is me and broadly and publicly blame others for your lot in life, which i believe doesn’t serve anyone here. If i were you i would get in contact and get some great coaching around what’s stopping you in being successful.
    PositiveMindSet, please allow PM so can contact you to hook up for a deal! Am interested!

Profile photo of ModeratorModerator
    @moderator

I have had to edit and delete quite a number of posts from this thread today.  Please ensure that future posts avoid perosnal abuse towards other users and that comments about the character and motivation of people are not canvassed. 

Future posts should be limited to commenting about the merit of the property techniques or courses being used.

Many thanks for your help in keeping this thread on track.

– Moderator

@think4yourself99

Hi Jacaranda please contact me via secure email to protect privacy. you can reach me at [email protected] hope we can fight to get our wasted money back. i will organise to meet and discuss my strategy with you. Anyone else out there who has been hurt and mislead by LGW please reply to my email asap i am in the process of legal action to recover course fee’s.

@think4yourself99

Hassassin in reply to your email,

I can name over 16 people that have been given information that has lead to loss of moneys, through information that is not entirely legal or bordering on illegal. I had not received adequate coaching on many occasions and can tell you that the attitude directed at me and many others i have spoken to who have dealt with Luke gilford ( and his at the time Much stretched employees) was less than satisfactory.

I do not now see that it was the fault of the employees at the time as there many pressures that were placed on them Via ( there not being enough coaches to handle the many force fed participants that Mr gilford was pushing through his WEEKEND workshops. LOOk i am not trying to hurt LGW that is not my intention and if you got your,moneys worth .. then kudos to you i am happy that you did. I am simply speaking about facts and one of those sad facts is that you are a minority my friend.

My experiences and people for whom i have dealt with hasn’t been pleasant, and the support i was supose to get just did not exixst, what i got was a lot of jargon about the ( yes but brigade ) and i can tell you one thing that excuse got very old. Good luck on your property journey.

Profile photo of Luke Gilford complaintsLuke Gilford complaints
    @luke-gilford-complaints

Hi, read your message and although I haven't had direct dealings with him my daughter has as an employee, not good. Now fishing for more dodgy dealings and information, would appreciate anything you may have. Regards Jon

Profile photo of Luke Gilford complaintsLuke Gilford complaints
    @luke-gilford-complaints

DODGY DODGY DODGY. Hi, read your message and although I haven't had direct dealings with him my daughter has as an employee, not good. Now fishing for more dodgy dealings and information, would appreciate anything you may have. Regards Jon

Viewing 19 posts - 21 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.