All Topics / Help Needed! / Luke Gilford???

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • Profile photo of propertymistropropertymistro
    @propertymistro

Hi all,

Is Luke Gilford of greedisgood.com.au legit?  Does anybody have any experiences dealing with him or his workshops?  Cheers for any replies…

Profile photo of PennyBakerPennyBaker
    @pennybaker

Hi there. And this is a warning to all of you new and indeed experienced property investors. You must be careful around these kind of courses, there are 100’s around Australia promising of secrets and glory if you do their course. This in most cases only leads to you, the consumer, being ripped off and left with no money and the wrong information. However in this case, and believe me, I am the most skeptical individual who ever lived, can say that after over 3 months of research and study and questions, I found this course to be THE single best investment I have ever made. And I own quite a number of properties. You have to look past the greed side of things as you will see that they are meaning something quite different with the word greed. The reason why they are successful and have a product that I would pay for over and over again, is their community and the on going support program. They give you 12 months worth if coaching and heaps of incentives to get out there and make some money. The mentor is Luke Gilford who not only puts his name and face in the brand he also is the lecturer, mentor and trainer of all the coaches there to support your game. So, in short, DO YOUR HOMEWORK but don’t not do it just because you are over analytical. You will miss out on a great course that encourage heaps of people who are serious about their property game at all levels should absolutely do with full gusto. For if you don’t I guarantee that you are missing out, cause Luke Gilford teaches you things that I promise you, you have not even thought of yet. Hope this helps. Myra.

Profile photo of Dan42Dan42
    @dan42

Hi Myra,

Great first post…..

Hope you stick around to tell us what courses we shouldn't do, but I won't hold my breath.

Profile photo of Michael 888Michael 888
    Participant
    @michael-888

Dear Myra,

you have a lot of promise and guarantee in your post………………………………….."I guarantee that you are missing out, cause Luke Gilford teaches you things that I promise you, you have not even thought of yet. Hope this helps. Myra. "

Upon what basis does your guarantee exist?
    Will you double our money back if we are unsatisfied?
    Will you recompense our losses if we take foolish actions based upon said course material?

You do understand our concern when a first poster joined on this very same day seeks a thread nearly three months old to voice glowing testimonials about someone's educational resources.

Care to elaborate on the achievements you've made since employing the strategies in said course that you provide promise and guarantees about?

Oh, and by the way……………..What a regrettable name for a web domain

Profile photo of propman1propman1
    Participant
    @propman1

I was recommended to this course last year and went to his training last year.  The Luke Gilford Workshop was NOT worth the money.   It was a huge waste of money. <moderator: delete personal comments>

His website, GreedIsGood.com is a reflection of his methods.

Profile photo of GarthAdamsGarthAdams
    @garthadams

I've watched this post over the last couple of weeks and some very unwise remarks have been removed by the moderator but the damage has been done to reputations.  It is unfair to make comments about people if you are unwilling to show exactly who you are when you make negative comments Propman1. 

I doubt Propman1 has been on the course.  If it didn't give him what he wanted he should have taken it up with Gilford who has promised unlimited coaching.  I've known him for two years.  I don't appreciate the personality or that of his ex partner but my experience from people who I know have done the course is that they have not spared time or effort to support their graduates.

I've also known Ruth Jones as a personal friend for many years.  She is full of integrity and would never lend her name to an effort that did not have credit.  As a friend I can say that she only ever recommended her friends attend the program and none of us, attendees or not, have heard one of us complain.  So for Propman1 to say she recommended him is somewhat suspect.  Please don't hide mate…come out in the open and be identified and support your claims.  Fairness and justice is the call, regardless of personality faults – yours or anyone else's.

Profile photo of xdrewxdrew
    Participant
    @xdrew

I remember going to the Henry Kaye property speeches. Now … me and my father .. are self made with property so we know our stuff. So we got ourselves the free orange juices … complementary champagne …. and cookies (never forget the cookies) and sat down in an auditorium to see HK give his 20 mins of 'wisdom'. Of course .. we werent treating it seriously, he smelt like a poor practitioner from the outset. So there we were .. whispering .. little giggles .. in the auditorium. And around us … people we all straight faces like this man was god reincarnated or something. Of course, this made it even more humourous.

We got about 5 separate calls later from this guy chasing us up for further lectures .. at enormous prices. Phone goes down with a stout NO on each of them.

Two things to look for in a speech about property to ascertain how genuine he/she is. If they need to quote how much money / properties they made with dollar figures … use an ounce of caution. Most trawlers will drag you in with bright lights and big figures. Granted, it also helps to sell books :)

If they cant quote their presence in a respectable journal of property .. forget them. There are people who are genuine and want to assist you to get where you want to. And there are people who use the drawcard of megabucks to rake your purse until they feel they've drained you enough.

If you can go to a local library or bookstore and pick up 5 volumes at least with good info for under $300, think of how much money and time you've saved on courses .. means and ways to do things. There ARE reasons to talk to experts, thats when you go and talk to them. Money should be paid for information that leads to value. You wouldnt pay a handyman for a lousy job, or a shop clerk if you werent making more money from them being around. Same with property spruikers. Unless they are value to you, the fees and the lectures .. are expenses and not informational assets.

Its also amazing what books you can find in libraries. I found one on painting with a terrific section on marbling and stippling. Its improved my renovations massively with truly standout results.

Profile photo of 0to1300to130
    Participant
    @0to130

I’m new here, but I found it interesting to read about promises and guarantees.
    A few years ago I was invited by an acquaintance to dinner with two young investment bankers in New York. I was in awe of the lifestyles they lead and the numbers they talked in. After listening for a while I asked them what sort of people invested with them. Considering the minimum investment for the funds they both worked for was USD$2 million, their ‘average’ investor was miles away from where I was. I asked about the returns and how they made their money. They both quoted returns of ‘up to 25%’, but when I foolishly asked what the minimum guaranteed return was, they gave me a strange look and said in unison “there is no guarantee”. These two guys handled billions of dollars of other peoples money but didn’t give a second thought to the fact that they might lose it all at any moment; that was just an accepted fact. I guess that’s why the US is suffering now.
    Since then I have learned that what they said is right, there are no 100% watertight, failsafe, foolproof guarantees. I know because I signed up for one and after 3 court cases and many sleepless nights am left with nothing of my original investment, not because of the fine print, (I read that carefully) but how that fine print was interpreted. Everything entails a degree of risk, and even if you spent a lifetime educating yourself in all the ins and outs of investment, my guess is you will still get stung occasionally. I’m sure there are lots of people who have done extremely well without ever attending one of these seminars (what did people do 100 years ago?). They just learned their lessons by other means, usually trial and error.
    As a footnote, of the two guys I had dinner with that night, one now (apparently) is worth over $USD800 million and the other still ‘only’ about USD$4 million. Even for them, schooled in investment to a much higher level than I could ever hope for, nothing was guaranteed.

Profile photo of Andrew_AAndrew_A
    Participant
    @andrew_a

Oto130 well said.

In my experience what you have said is the truth. Risk is always there and there are precious few guarantees in life, you can slice and dice it and do what you can to hedge and reduce it.. but in the end risk is always there.

Thinking specifically of the 'capital guaranteed' range of financial products that were being heavily promoted in the last few years, which in reality passed as much risk as possible on to the little retail investor and pretended the opposite was true.

Profile photo of shewolfshewolf
    @shewolf
    propertymistro wrote:
    Hi all,

Is Luke Gilford of greedisgood.com.au legit?  Does anybody have any experiences dealing with him or his workshops?  Cheers for any replies…

I would recommend that anyone looking at paying $5500 to Luke Gilford Workshops for his weekend course to be very careful.  I checked him out late last year and both him and his course has some problems. 

<edited comment. see: http://www.qls.com.au/content/ss/firm/61791>

After checking some more, I found out that Luke Gilford was not  even a property developer.  He told me that he puts all his properties into different companies, but when my solicitor did a company search through ASIC (which registers all companies and Directors in Australia), there were only two inactive companies that had been recently set up and there has been no activity. It seems that he has no property development experience at all.  My solicitor advised me to not go near this as it looks like just another property spruiker.

Like all these supposedly property gurus and spruikers, when you dig below the surface, you often find that what they  say they are and what they say they are doing, is completely different to what they really are. In this case I decided that  I would spend my money on buying more property than handing it over to just another property spruiker.   

Profile photo of PositiveMindSetPositiveMindSet
    @positivemindset

Haha he must have a brilliant accountant and solicitor to have him set up this way deliberately! Good on him.

Shewolf, just because you haven’t been able to find anything on ASIC doesn’t mean someone is or is not a property developer. One has got nothing to do with the other. I am involved in property development myself and I deliberately have myself set up in structures and entities designed to protect myself from potential predators.
    If at all I would suggest that the money you spent to get your solicitor to do directors search you actually go and make something of yourself in property rather than investing in slander and defamation.
    Australia, the land of tall poppy syndrome.

Profile photo of knowurstuffknowurstuff
    @knowurstuff

I feel sorry for the people reading Shewolf's post. It's illinformed garbage like that that scares people away from property and stops them achieving their goals.

Anyone who knows anything about property knows that if you're structured properly, searches will show little or anything – hence why it's called asset protection.

Anyone who knows anything in property also knows that ASIC doesn't licence property developers. I would check out the relevant consumer protection bodies in each state for more information.

Conducting your own due diligence is a good thing but I would want to make sure that the people I rely on know what they are talking about.

I would also get a good property coach that will help me navigate the merky waters of property because its mess like Shewolf's post that cause people so many problems.

As for Luke Gilford, I've worked with the guy in Melbourne, I've seen his work and I've seen his developer's license, so don't believe everything you read.  

Profile photo of HassassinHassassin
    @hassassin

Well said knowurstuff and positivemindset.
    I am actually a client of Luke Gilford as well as Gilford and Jones legal and have had nothing but exceptional experience with both the companies. Ruth did an amazing job for my legal work and the process was unlike any other experience I have had with lawyers in the past.
    I have bought and sold property before. There wasn’t anything wrong with what I was doing before but i was interested to see what someone else who I have heard has been very successful could teach me to do differently. I have since doing the course well and trully made my money back in the tuition and more. What’s tops about their program is it is not advertised and marketed to hundreds of people at a time. I have the opportunity to get personal and specific mentoring on the deals i am interested in. My best mate did the course and wanted me on board with him to do deals. I have also had the pleasure of meeting with other like minded people who have done the workshop and are like me very happy customers and we are all together doing deals and making money from property!
    If you have done the workshop, you will know that what sets me a part from the likes of you (shewolf and propman) is being in action and using the knowledge acquired and actually applying it. If you invested the amount of time in applying the knowledge and using the resources they provide to support you as you did complaining how its is someone else’s fault for your failures, you would be a millionaire already.
    You’re a champ Luke, love your work and your team and thank you for your support and mentoring.

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Anthony both condacending and clearly inaccurate in many statements.

Not sure where you are PB but in Qld you certainly do not need a PRIVATE registration fee payable to the OFT to be a developer. Anyway for stating it is not normally available publicly dont make me laugh.

Oh well i guess another poster who will get to 3 posts and then disppear back under ther rock they crawled from without contributing anything to the general property community who post here.

Cheers

Yours in Finance 

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

Profile photo of ALF1ALF1
    Participant
    @alf1

Have a nice day, Myra

Profile photo of PennyBakerPennyBaker
    @pennybaker
    Profile photo of itsaringtossgameitsaringtossgame
    @itsaringtossgame

Hello fellow posters,

Some very interesting posts and comments. Let me throw my two bobs in. I’ve done the LGW Course and i have mixed feelings about it. I think it’s a very good course to get people motivated, buts that’s as far as it goes. There were a lot of misleading comments and some very smart ways of manipulating words.

Shewolf you are pretty close to the dollar there mate! With company and trusts the asset protection is a thing from the past! Anyone can track down who a director of any company is now days.

And for people talking about a developers license. Anyone can obtain this license, costs a couple of grand 3 months and away you go. I obtain one myself.

The parts in the course i found humorous was the section where they put a large figure (i think it was about 65 million when i sat the course) on the white board. Then the exact words are “this is how much our graduates have put under contract". I giggled to myself when this happened. Listen to the words correctly; this is not how much property was purchased. Only putting on contracts ( a offer). Than they go on about the 50k club, why don’t you ask Mr Gilford himself how many graduates have made their 50 grand! If you get a honest answer this will deter anyone from doing this course.

Also if you listen to Luke himself, his words are i personally control 20 million dollars of property. The key word people is “control". not own.

I also no multiple people who are actively pursuing legal action against this course.

So my overall opinion is this is just another gold coast property spruiking course. Motivating people and taking their money. My opinion is spending a couple hundred dollars and go sit down with a property solicitor and you will learn a lot more!

Itsaringtossgame

Profile photo of angelinsydneyangelinsydney
    Participant
    @angelinsydney

Hi all,

Let me throw my 2 bobs in, too.

I have never attended a seminar in my life. Oh, I did once out of curiosity.

The speaker claimed to own many properties . He talked about the benefits of property ownership, quoting a lot of his facts from Robert Kiyosaki, who we all know is an AMERICAN.

I was laughing my head off because so much of what he was saying DID NOT apply in Australia. It took all my self-control not to get up and challenged him. Maybe I should have because to this day I’m still praying no one sitting there that day signed up.

Take care.

Angel

Profile photo of Property_Investor1Property_Investor1
    @property_investor1

I completed the Luke Gilford workshop last year and can say that Luke Gilford has enormous integrity and a heart for the community.  Luke Gilford asks what you want to learn in the workshop, and then goes on to adapt it to what the group wants to know. Unlike other property workshops that send you off with CDs and DVDs, Luke Gilford workshops give you 12 months coaching on any deal you're looking at. And he and his team stay available to you after your 12 months. The education works, and Luke Gilford and his team are exceptional and very hard-working. i was ringing him on Christmas Eve about deals and he was answering the phone, after sending his staff off on Christmas holidays! He charges less than half of what other property investment courses costs, and the number of people that have gotten into the $50k Club within their first 12 months (if you earn $50k in equity or cash in your first 12 months he will fly you and the rest of the $50k Club/group to your choice of destination) is growing. if you want to learn about property from an active property developer who wants to share what he knows with the community, then do the workshop.

Profile photo of TC62TC62
    @tc62

Gee Property Investor1, if I didn't know any better i'd think you were PennyBaker's brother. Again, pretty over-the-top with 'glowing praises' considering this is your first post. Like Penny, most people will read your post with a grain of salt.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.