All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Questions suggestion to ask Accountant

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of ToucheTouche
    @touche

I'm thinking of getting another investment property.  With my first investment, was bought under my name.  I did a bit of researched and a lot suggested that I should have my next investment property under the trust.  I am so confusing with all the latest changes to trust. 

I attended a  seminar late this month and will discuss further with Accountant this Thursday as to what best suit me.  I just can't seem to find the right question to ask.  Any suggestion, what I should ask the Accountant?

Tina

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Ask if he thinks you should use a trust, and if so which type of trust.

Then ask for his reasons why you should or shouldn't use one.

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Mr5o1Mr5o1
    Participant
    @mr5o1
    Terryw wrote:

couldn’t agree more… but just to add to that, before you go ahead and decide to create a trust and purchase an IP with it, talk to your accountant about the ramifications of the trust for negative gearing.

Profile photo of ToucheTouche
    @touche
    Terryw wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions Terry. 

I've seen an Accountant from C & N, he suggested that I should use a trust (Hybrid trust) for asset protection purposes.

I've spoke to my Accountant who is not specialize in property but he own a couple of investment properties himself.  He didn't think it's a good idea to use trust.

I'm going to see this Accountant this week who is specializing in property as well.  Then I will gather all the info I got and see what is best for me.

I like the ideas of asset protection and no stamp duty if I pass the property on to my children.  I'm not quite sure about the 30% company tax.

Anyway, thanks again Terry.

Tina

Profile photo of ToucheTouche
    @touche
    Mr5o1 wrote:
    Terryw wrote:

couldn't agree more… but just to add to that, before you go ahead and decide to create a trust and purchase an IP with it, talk to your accountant about the ramifications of the trust for negative gearing.

Yes, thanks for the idea.  I will definitely check it out with this accountant regarding the negative gearing.  I can't seem to quite work it out which one benefits me more or should go for (trust or buy under my own name).  I do not believe you can have negative gearing if to set up a trust.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw
    Touche wrote:

Thanks for the suggestions Terry. 

I've seen an Accountant from C & N, he suggested that I should use a trust (Hybrid trust) for asset protection purposes.

Hi Tina

Did they describe how a hybrid trust would provide asset protection? And what about the ability of getting finance for one? What about the recent tax rulings concerning hybrid trusts?

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.