All Topics / Opinionated! / PLANNING PERMIT ALMOST TO BE RELEASED

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Profile photo of The ImmigrantThe Immigrant
    @the-immigrant

Hi rishi,

Our applications is with darebin council. Which council are you with?

Profile photo of rishi78rishi78
    @rishi78

We are dealing with Hobsons Bay Council. I wish some independant body should audit the way council's work here in Victoria.

cheers

Profile photo of The ImmigrantThe Immigrant
    @the-immigrant

I totally agree. But I think that's why we can file a complaint to VCAT; but that would be counterproductive as it make matters longer and if not worse.

Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

And a lot more expensive.  And besides, even if you get a VCAT judgement in your favour council can still hold you up with their interpretations of the VCAT judgement. 

Councils need to be made accountable and I think two things need to happen.  1) Council should be given fixed service levels to meet (eg. 12 weeks for a standard development) after which time they receive some sort of monetary penalty.  and 2) VCAT should have the power to order monetary compensation to applicants who have had their TPP's erroneously rejected (ie. met all the planning guidlines but rejected due to 'character' or something equally flakey).

Only problem is it just ain't gonna happen.

Andrew

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

@the-immigrant

I totally agree with you andrew. that would be wishful thinking :)

That's why I think it all now depends on the private townplanner we pay to do the applications for us. As professionals they should be able to manage this to reduce the application time to the least time possible.

@the-immigrant

Hope everyone has had a good long easter weekend.

Am really getting excited now. We just received the stamped plans last week from council. Working drawing are all done. We are now ready to subdivide, and while doing that we will get the engineering works done, then the building permit after that. Hopefully things will be much faster now than the planning permit process.

Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

What great news.  Well done!  It must be a relief to finally put the TPP behind you.  Good luck with the rest.

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

@the-immigrant

Have forwarded to the surveyor stamped plans and working drawings so they can start with the subdivision application.

I have a question. Where does costs for working drawings and engineering works fall under? They won't be under townplanning costs nor subdivision costs, are they? Would it be under building costs then?

@the-immigrant

Yes it is Andrew.
    Thanks.

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.