All Topics / Help Needed! / Zoning Definitions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of T_H_G_HT_H_G_H
    Participant
    @t_h_g_h

Can anyone tell me where i might be able to find out definitions of zoning, and what categories there are?

eg – Low Density Residential, High Density residential, and so on !!

I have checked council website but can’t seem to find any. I would be looking to invest in the Brisbane/ Ipswich area. Any help would be much appreciated.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi,

I'm assuming you have combed this with a fine tooth comb? http://www.ipswich.qld.gov.au/business/planning/ipswich_planning_scheme/ In this section is goes into detail on your zones http://pdonline.ipswich.qld.gov.au/pdonline/user/scheme/default.aspx?page=scheme. If I had more time I'd try and go through it a bit more.

It is hard because each state has its own codes and definitions. You could always call the council and get them to talk you through what each zone means in real terms.

Most council are going for easy to understand zones such as low density or limited change meaning mostly singles houses maybe 2 dwelling lots, medium density or incremental change meaning 3 unit sites/sub divisions and then high density/substantial change being apartments etc. i can only speak for Victoria though so be clear and check it out with your council, town planner, architect whoever in your state.

Good luck

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

If you find a property you are serioulsy interested in give the council a call…. Many people forget they are a BUSSINESS as well as a council..

Profile photo of T_H_G_HT_H_G_H
    Participant
    @t_h_g_h

Hey DWolfe

Thanks for that info. I am just starting out my research for my first IP and interested to know about zoning with regard to subdivision or development eg townhouses, which may play a part of my strategy a few years down the track, as I would be looking to buy a property with subdivision/ development potential. I am trying to get clued up and minimise risk, before taking the plunge.

Cheers

Profile photo of Will2WinWill2Win
    @will2win

Hi THGH,

We've been doing our due diligence on the Ipswich market for the past few months and were just about to close a deal over the weekend when someone offered cash unconditional for it instead – hard to beat that. Its a great area with gentrification happening. Good subdivision potential but we have found that the most prized are the properties on 2 titles already so no subdivision needed. These are very rare and get snapped up extremely quickly. Are you located in Ipswich/Brisbane? If you have any questions about the area/subdivision I'd be happy to share with you what we do know.

Drop me a PM

Cheers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.