All Topics / Help Needed! / Private Sale in Adelaide

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Matt McLeanMatt McLean
    Participant
    @matt-mclean

Hi All,

Just wondering if any of you have had experiences selling your property privately (particularly in Adelaide)? I have noticed there are a number of websites specifically for private sales out there now on which you can list it on – do any of you know how successful these are?

My partner and I are trying to sell our property privately to minimise on fees so that we have more funds leftover afterwards for the next project.

Any advice / experiences you may have on this topic would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Matt.

Profile photo of young_investor1988young_investor1988
    @young_investor1988

Hi Matt,

There are numerous 'private sale' websites available to you, but none of them really stand out as being anything special. I know you can list your property on http://www.domain.com.au, while it doesn't have the traffic of http://www.realestate.com.au it is one of the leading real estate websites that people surf when looking to buy.

I live & work in Adelaide (yes, in the real estate industry) and think the most important things to focus on:

*Presentation & photos of your home – having 1st class photos can really set your home apart from those who have taken a few happy snaps with their handycam! We use exceptional photographers and they only charge about $150.00 (so this may be a cheap option for you to help set your home apart from those other private sale listings)

*Pricing – the Adelaide market is very price sensitive at the moment, so it's important to price your home realistically from day 1, as you will hopefully find your buyer in the first few weeks of your marketing campaign. If you haven't already, get your hands on a list of recent sales for homes in your suburb (contact a local agent, or I can email to you) as this will give you a good idea of what your home is worth.

Good luck with the sale, I hope all goes smoothly for you!

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Cheers,

Ben

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.