All Topics / General Property / Ready for tomorrow, so says John Brumby

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

This week John brumby released a five year plan for the bush. 'Ready for tomorrow', as it is known, is a cash injection of $631 million for regional Victoria.  A couple of things caught my eye included a $110 million tertiary education package (inluding for new student accommodation) and the 'export' of 400 public sector jobs to Bendigo, Ballarat and Moe. Does anyone know much about it?  As someone interested in cashflow +ve property in regional Victoria It's something I will need to investigate further.

Andrew

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

It is an election year for the Honourable John Brumby
     I would wait till after the State election to see if the Labour Party is still governing
    as a different new elected government could scrap this 5 year plan

Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

Fair call duckster.  You're right, being an election year we'll have to wait see.  But the coalition also needs bush votes so they can't push against it too much I wouldn't have thought.

I think the coalition will at least keep parts of the blueprint then improve/extend it.  For example I can't see them reversing the $25 million committment to 'transform' Skilled Stadium. 

Andrew

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.