All Topics / Help Needed! / issue with tenant re final inspection of a rental property

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

I actually had a conversation with someone yesterday that uses Terri Scheer for the landlord insurance, and a different insurer for the building insurance.  A combination to think about.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of devo76devo76
    @devo76
    littleaussie wrote:
    devo76 wrote:
    One 10 cm scratch. That sounds like heaven to me. Have a read of my thread on the other forum. Polished floors scratched scuffed and stained painted walls scuffed scratched etc kitchen so dirty had to use oven cleaner on everything shower black BLACK approved for 4 people but had 11 in their. Smoke smell is crazy. Windows filthy all fully renovated when they moved in a year ago. Like I said a scratch sounds fine to me

Mine was similar, I wasn't going to go into a lot of detail but this will give an indication of why I was upset that RACV would not cover anything. ( Except the rent)
    The house was renovated prior to the tenant moving in.
    Gouges out of the boards, and the boards were scratched right through the house.  The paint was stained yellow and there were dirty marks all over walls and sugar soap would not remove them. Poo all up the walls, cardboard covering shit and vomit which was dry on the floorboards. Smashed kitchen window. 3 skips of old stinky clothing and other garbage including syringes.  10 mattresses.  Kitchen and bathroom green and black from the filth and mould. The children pulled down the fence and nailed the planks high up in a tree in the back yard. The curtains were ruined, but because they were not ripped my insurance did not cover them. There were no light globes in the sockets when I finally got posession back through a VCAT Possession order. The police had to attend to evict. It took over 3 months to get her out. The first notice was served in April and she was out in September.
    The smell was so bad in the house that I dry reached every time I went inside. It took me 3 months to clean up her mess including  replacing  the fence and window and re- paint the whole house, and do the other repairs. ( A little bit each night after work)
    The woman was a single mum with 5 children. On her application she had 2.
    Where is your other thread? I'd like more info on how we protect ourselves from these people as I could not pass this off as "fair wear and tear"
    Thanks.

Holy crap you win. I guess i got out of it quite well.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

I don't understand how the tenant – or anyone – would want to live like that in the first place.  How revolting!

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.