All Topics / Overseas Deals / Investing in Canada

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of RaysolveRaysolve
    @raysolve

With interest rates being at all time low, I have continued to purchase positively geared property in Canada. The Bank of Canada rate has been at record lows at 2.5%. The economy is growing with Canada being the first country in the G7 to raise interest rates .25% in June. It might be worthwhile looking into for those who are interested in expanding their property portfolio

Profile photo of kkatleakkatlea
    @kkatlea

HI Ray

Where are you purchasing property in Canada?
    I have been looking at buying something in Vancouver, however have been told I need a 30% deposit as a foreign investor. Have you a mortgage broker over there and have you been required to provide 30% deposits?

Thanks

Karen

Profile photo of djjkdjjk
    Participant
    @djjk

Vancouver prices (and therefore yields) are similar to Sydney and Melbourne's.  Not a good place for CF+ investment.

Profile photo of latormorlatormor
    @latormor

Hi Ray,

Is it Montreal good for CF+ investments ??

Cheers

Alex

Profile photo of Corey McEwen realtorCorey McEwen realtor
    Participant
    @corey-mcewen-realtor

Edmonton, Alberta is a huge component to the Oil and gas industry which is beginning to make moves again with oil prices doing well.  I have been in real estate investments for 2 years but am now a realtor here.  I grew up hear and know the area well.  There are many smaller towns around Edmonton that will also be growing in the next few years that will do excellent as well.
    [email protected]
    Corey McEwen

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.