All Topics / General Property / Harry Dent predicts USA property to drop another 30%

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Hello all,

I know that USA is a new wave of hot topic at the moment and we have been researching markets there as well.

I am on HS Dents newsletter list and webinar accounts … I pay over $2,000.00USD for research from his company per year.

Harry is saying that their indicators are saying to stay out of property well into mid 2011

Harry is predicting the DOW to drop under 4000 which will start to decline by the end of July/August 2010

IF and I say IF this happens would you be buying now.

A friend of mine went to the cashflowcapitol seminar with Dolf Deroos last week and said the level of follow up and professionalism was very bad so they are not going to follow them to Les Vegas  on a property buy.

New companies are flooding in now doing USA investment … is this safe advise or risky in your opinion … or should we be wise to wait 6 months and buy at the bottom.

D

Profile photo of god_of_moneygod_of_money
    Participant
    @god_of_money

Who is Harry? Another salesman…??

I would consider if Warren Buffet predicting DOW is going to 4000

Profile photo of SandraLSandraL
    @sandral

Hi Wealth4life,
    I am currently reading HS Dent's book, The Great Depression Ahead'. Interesting theories, especially given that the book was written a few years ago. What else is he saying about the stockmarkets at the moment?

Thanks,

Profile photo of fWordfWord
    Participant
    @fword

If the DOW drops to under 4000, that will be something to fear indeed.

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Well you can never say never …

In the webinar he pointed to rising job losses … nondisclosure of true debt … the EU and IMF can't fix the problems with money … DOW rising to 11,300 then dropping from end of July forward … Inflation interest rates and deflation … rst mortgages are choking the banks now and the banks don't want to get the truth out so they are leaving people in the homes for free … and more

Lets see, however now is a very important time to get your investments correct and no get rich quick schemes …

D

Profile photo of djjkdjjk
    Participant
    @djjk
    wealth4life.com wrote:
    New companies are flooding in now doing USA investment … is this safe advise or risky in your opinion … or should we be wise to wait 6 months and buy at the bottom.

Im always amused when people say things like this.  You cant possibly have any idea of what/when the bottom will be?  You could wait and try to purchase property in the US at less than current prices, but remember that property prices over there have taken a beating already.  While they may fall further, most overseas investors that buy over there are not looking for immediate capital growth.  Its generally a CF+ goal rather than an appreciation goal (at least in the short to medium term).  Anyway, I doubt you’ll see a significant change (up or down) in property prices over there within the next few years. The drop in prices has simply been a correction to bring down inflated property prices and it is likely that they will hover around these prices for a while.    

Profile photo of junita71junita71
    @junita71

Hi,

I've only just recently bought the 0 to 260+ properties in 7 years book and I was wondering if anyone can advise me of the following;

Has anyone here bought properties in the US? 

As I have been researching various countries and have found that there are lots of properties being sold in the US for under $5,000 in various states all over the US.

The rental returns apprear to pay for the cost of the house in 1 year, I have spoken to a few real estate agents over there but am not sure if they are trustworthy or just looking at trying to off load properties asap.

I did find various deals that have residential packages (of 10+, 25+ houses) that need mostly cosmetic renovations. 

All properties are free of any taxes or liens as well.

Looking at the cost of the houses in  Australia, its becoming  very expensive and when calculating the cost of buying houses in the US it appears to be a better investment for example:

*10 houses at the cost of $50,000

* With a rental return of $500 – $600 per month rent on each one 

* Renovations at the most being from a $1,000 – $5,000

and the very minimum of $6,500 per year rental return on each property = $65,000 so you make your money back in the first year.

Has anyone here done this already?

Junita

Profile photo of octainoctain
    Participant
    @octain

just another question how do you find out about purchasing US properties? Is it allowed by law ? I didn’t realise this at all.

I would say regardless of if where at the bottom or not. Property is always and has always been a long term investment. So I wouldn’t hold of buying on the premise they may drop 30%. Fact of the matter is most us property is now down about 40% on the Pre-GFC prices. So buying now isn’t such a bad move. Getting the exact point where prices hit the bottom is pretty hard and involves more luck then anything.

I try not to listen to the experts just use my own philosophies buy low sell high. ATM US property is at historic lows so its time to buy!

Profile photo of Michael 888Michael 888
    Participant
    @michael-888
    wealth4life.com wrote:
    Well you can never say never …

In the webinar he pointed to rising job losses … nondisclosure of true debt … the EU and IMF can't fix the problems with money … DOW rising to 11,300 then dropping from end of July forward … Inflation interest rates and deflation … rst mortgages are choking the banks now and the banks don't want to get the truth out so they are leaving people in the homes for free … and more

Lets see, however now is a very important time to get your investments correct and no get rich quick schemes …

D

Thanks for sharing that D, and for the contents of your opening post.

I don't subscribe, however did  view some video footage of his (March/April2010)  take on the Dow and as you mention he is looking at another leg up and if I remember correctly, an approximate halving of the index from there toward the end of the year and into 2011.

I have also read the Great Depression Ahead and the contents IMO are not as bearish as the title (for Aussies). He is an interesting fellow. He is a demographer and combines this with economic/fiscal notions and historical cylical data. Some interesting interpretations for sure.

We will be affected by the whitewash of the US markets (housing and business and Wall Street)  however unlikely to the degree he is prognosticating for the US. Watch out also for more drama from the five little PIIGS…………credit will be tight.

I am smelling in the air a period reminiscant of early 90's. We will track inflation for a while and basically go sideways for a five (or so) year period. There will be markets within markets, however things will be flat I reckon till 2015 or thereabouts.

@wealth4life.com

Thanks Michael,

What young investors not realize is that they can be sailing along nice and easy then out of nowhere an EVENT changes their lives which includes, death, divorce, natural disaster, government policy change, interest rates etc

I believe we can reduce the risk by reading as much information before we get caught in a hole not knowing what to do …

Westpac and Nab are pulling out of H&L project lending in QLD Gold Coast and Brisbane … from a reliable source, and NO I will not tell you who dah!

40% miners tax ?? next Profits tax on big companies ?? then 15% GST increase tax ??

D

Profile photo of SandraLSandraL
    @sandral

Thanks, wealth4life, for sharing Dent's views. I'm tempted to subscribe, will have a look at it.

Profile photo of kum yin laukum yin lau
    @kum-yin-lau

Hi, I'll take it with a big spoon of salt. No need to spend so much to find out what he says. Just go to the library & borrow his 2 earlier books. The Roaring 20s and the Big Boom Ahead, something like that.

He way way overshot in predicting the Great Boom [said Dow would pass 20000, which it never did] and got the time frame not right either.

So if he was out by 25% [Dow near 15000] then his 4000 prediction for the Dow should be 25% off as well. So, 5000.

I don't buy it.

KY

@wealth4life.com

Points well noted Kum … thank you for your great opinions.

The more information the better prepared we are, right?

@wealth4life.com

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/meredith-whitney-no-doubt-we-have-entered-double-dip-housing

Maybe Kiyosaki is right … if we don't change the whole middle class will be wiped out …

D

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.