All Topics / Value Adding / Brick or Weather Board ???

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of joez71joez71
    Participant
    @joez71

Hi All

Quick question, i am looking at tackling my first buy/renovate/sell project. The suburb i am focusing on has a fairly even mix of weatherboard and brick housing. 

I am interested in finding out what are the pros and cons of extending each kind of dwelling. My gut instinct is that weatherboards are the easiest option and matching the bricks and the cost of renovating a brick house would be much higher???

thanks
    Joe

Profile photo of Property TraderProperty Trader
    Participant
    @property-trader

Hi Joe,

We have come across a few properties that have had extensions done to them with different types of bricks in them.  Our quick solution to this situation is just to render them, the transformation is amazing.

Our most recent project (Renovation – Nerang House Project) illustrates this …  It had a mixture of old dated bricks and timber (covered the timber with blue board and then rendered the blue board).  Now it looks uniformed and modernized  …

Check it outhttp://bit.ly/aF5Vu7

I hope this helped!

Property Trader | Boston West Pty Ltd
    http://bostonwest.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

Private money lending opportunities available paying upto 12%, secured by bricks and mortar!

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

Great work Jason.

I see you have a certain style that you take from place to place. I take it that these kitchens and bathrooms are inexpensive to get this look?

Are you able to share with us the figures from some of these deals?

Cheers,
    Matt

Profile photo of JessWJessW
    @jessw

Hi Jason – I just had a look at your Nerang house, looks great.

Is it an expensive process to render the entire house like that?

Thanks
    Jess

Participant
    @property-trader

Hi Jess,

To reduce our costs we could have either rendered just the front or the front and sides of the property.  I think that is doing a half ass job and you would probably get that feedback when you placed the property on the market to sell from potential buyers. 

The rendering on this job cost us $5,654.00 which also included the rendering of an internal wall in the fourth bedroom.

To us it was well worth the investment as it modernized the home.  Lucky for us the house directly across the road had been rendered recently so we have a really good idea of the transformation that was going to take place.

Email Me | Phone Me

Private money lending opportunities available paying upto 12%, secured by bricks and mortar!

Participant
    @property-trader

Hi Matt & Jess,

Thanks for the compliments on the Nerang house.

If I remember I will post the figures of the property once the house has sold so that you have an accurate account of the renovation project.

However, in the meantime the custom built kitchen installed with the appliances (not including the tiling) cost us $4,757.90 includes GST.

Email Me | Phone Me

Profile photo of reddahaydnreddahaydn
    @reddahaydn

Hi jason,

These properties are really good. How much would you generally spend on a renovation?
    I'm looking to  do something similar,
    render, paint, floors, light fittings and maybe a second hand kitchen and some bathroom updates. I'm trying to work out how much I will need.
    Does the area your renovating in make a huge difference on the cost of the improvements?
    Any advice and more info on these projects would be greatly appreciated!
    Cheers mate,
    Haydn

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.