All Topics / Forum Frolic / Gerry Harvey says Rudd’s Government ‘bloody amateurs’

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/gerry-harvey-says-rudds-government-bloody-amateurs/story-e6frf7ko-1225878113416

Bit of fun.

What are everyone's opinions on a change of govt?

Does anyone other than WA care about the mining tax? Do people think that KRUDD is doing a good job? Any thoughts?

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

Hi DWolfe,

I would say the one thing that stings voters into action more than anything else is the 'hip-pocket nerve'.  If there is a big scary tax on the horizoin that's going to make the sky fall in then it's time for any government to to brace themselves.  This will play on voters minds right across the country even if they are not being taxed directly.  As long as they are being told that 'everyone' will pay for it in terms of unemployment, energy costs etc then the people will worry. 

I dont like the governments class warfare line about greedy big business (and what's worse they're super greedy miners).  It will not resonate with the majority of the electorate.  I think australia has moved on from the tribalism of 'workers' versus big business (which the tax on greedy miners seems to try and tap into).  Sure elements of it are out there but people are more educated these days and like to think of themselves as more reasonable and enlightened.

At the moment things dont look good for Rudd, and not just because of the 'super tax'.  However, we need to remember that Australia is an extremely conservative country as far as changing governments goes.  You really have to try hard to lose an election from government.  After all even whitlam got re-elected!  Keating got back in after a recession we had to have and John Howard got back even pushing his own big new tax (ie. the GST).

Just my thoughts.

Andrew

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

I think you will find that Queensland is just as up in arms about the tax. As someone who has just invested in property related to the mining boom in Queensland, I am also on the anti-Rudd band wagon. I guess when it comes to voting, everyone has to look after their own interests.

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

Funny thing is I can't find any body who admits to voting for him in the last election … hahahahaha

Profile photo of itsandrewitsandrew
    Participant
    @itsandrew

Funny how things move on.  Seems like the ALP didnt think Kevin Rudd was doing a good job.  What will Julia offer? – a chance to rethink some major policies, a new honey moon period for the government, and an early election (early september or last week of august?).  I still think the Australian electorate is fundamentally conservative and is more likey to return the government to office than opt for change.

It looks like that the mining tax drama is close to a resolution http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/pm-julia-gillard-and-miners-strike-super-profits-tax-deal/story-e6frf7jo-1225886822347.  A big feather in Julia's cap.  Not sure how WA and Qld voters will see it but I think the other states voters will be happy not to have a great big tax that 'everyone' pays for.

Andrew

itsandrew

Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Yeah, but I have to disagree with the new boss being any different to the old boss. The new boss was instrumental in getting many of the flop policies off the ground. It is still the same Labor just with a different spin. It is interesting to see that many people are wowed by how different she is and therefore the Labor party must be so different. Not so.

This election will be well worth watching and don’t get me wrong I think it is great there is finally a woman in charge. I just think that J-LARD isn’t really any different from KRUDD. It will be interesting to see what the mining tax solution is. J-LARD will have to call an election quick smart to capitalize on the change and to ensure the public don’t get sick of her too quickly.

Just my opinion……

D

Email Me

Profile photo of number 8number 8
    Participant
    @number-8

If you Ignore the politics (not backing any party). Call me old fashion, what has happened to integrity.

So now Gillard is doing back-flips on her parties policies. I will teach my children someone may be good at sport, mathematics or particular areas in your life but integrity is the screw that holds all your traits together -surely honesty and the ability to conduct yourself in a trust -worthy manner must stand for something. Disgracing your boss in a public arena and smiling is up there with the worst I have seen. 

Further, while Julia received a pay-rise, our children lost millions of dollars through the loss of revenue. We can only hope that some day we have another leader that will also go into bat for our country. But due to the recent incident, I feel we will have many puppets for a long time….. This is not the Aussie way!!!!  A great Australian shame………..

Thank you K.Rudd for your courage and commitment to Australia………

http://www.birchcorp.com.au

Profile photo of Dan42Dan42
    @dan42

I can't remember Gerry Harvey complaining when everyone was spending their 900 bucks in his stores buying Ipods and plasma tv's. My personal opinion, we need to take what Gerry Harvey says with several grains of salt.

No matter how bad Labor are going (and it has been pretty ordinary the last year), they will never be as bad as a government led by Tony Abbott. John Howard was described as a throwback to the 50's, Abbott would also be a throwback to the 50's. However it would be the 1850's.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Yeah it is pretty sad when you look at the lot of them and shake your head. Tell me, if Gillard or Abbott asked you for $50k coz they had some great ideas on what to do with it, would you give it to them? We are in for the Punch and Judy show with both parties carrying on a treat. The only hope Abbotts got is if there is someone with better economic understanding there to pull his strings. It'll be close like always. Personally once again I think they are both rubbish. As for Gerry, he just wants his bread buttered on both sides.

D

Email Me

Profile photo of keikokeiko
    Participant
    @keiko

I dunno if she will do any good, I thought rudd was doing alrite 
    If you seen how the man called helen run the country in NZ then you would think rudd is like gold

Profile photo of kong71286kong71286
    Participant
    @kong71286

The change of prime minister overnight came to me as a shock

Personally I do not have anything against Julia Gillard as being the new prime minister of Australia, but what bothers me is the lack of accountability in our government, and the fact that Kevin Rudd was used as a scape goat

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.