All Topics / Value Adding / Perth – best suburbs for subdividable houses?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of eyefoureyefour
    Participant
    @eyefour

What are the best suburbs in Perth to buy subdiviable duplex blocks, retaining the existing and building on the rear/front?

I am currently doing a subdivision in kwinana, which is economical but the capital gains wont be as much as closer to the city.

There are still a few houses around but which suburbs are the best for under 700K?

Thanks

Profile photo of JimmyJJimmyJ
    @jimmyj

Hi eyefour,

I will be moving to Perth soon and will also be interested in this.  Do you know of any yourself?

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi all,

There were a couple of good blocks that came up in East Vic Park, under that 700k mark. You have to be picky but if you call Tash Welburn at the LJ Hooker there she will tell you all about what she's got. She develops too, so you'll have to get in her good books :) Supposedly it's a hot market (I'm not on the ground so I don't know how true it is) so you may have to fight some people for deals.

Good luck let us know how you go.
    D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of eyefoureyefour
    Participant
    @eyefour

Thanks DWolfe,

Probably the reason that subdividing is a hot market is because rental yeilds are so low in Perth and you need to do something else other than just renovating, because its the land that is the important part :-)

Jimmy J – it depends how much you want to spend, there are lots of subdividable blocks available close to the city but you will be paying 800K + for a low quality house on a duplex/triplex block.

Participant
    @eyefour

Hi Steve,

When will the rezoning be completed for this area and is it for all of Gosnells? Just interested as Medina is also supposed to be rezonned but this will not be happening for the next 3-5yrs….

Thanks

Profile photo of LockymacLockymac
    @lockymac

Hi Guys,

Work out in Kelmscott gosnell area. Heap of cheap subdividable blocks out here. Real good place to start with a three or four unit site. Client bought a four unit site for 310k only a few months ago.

Profile photo of airstrike2001airstrike2001
    Participant
    @airstrike2001

Hi Eyefour

Only certain sections are currently being rezoned. According to TPS6 (town planning scheme) the idea is to encourage people to commute and use public transport so any area within a 10 minute walk of the train station (my house is 3 minutes stumbling distance) is being rezoned.

Unsure as to exactly when but have been advised by coucil it will be within the next 18 months. Currently council has plans in with WA Planning Commission so could be sooner or later than this. i am still unable to confirm an exact timeframe as to when. Hope this helps !

Cheers
    Steve

Participant
    @eyefour

Hi Airstrike,

I wouldn't hold your breath as the Kwinana council said the same thing and they also have plans in with the council, but the rezoning is at least 3-5yr away…. unfortunate for someone like me who was hoping for the rezoning to come through this year.

Cheers.

Profile photo of incredibleincredible
    Participant
    @incredible

Hi Eyefour

Have to agree with Lockymac, their seems to be opportunity’s in Kelmscott especially around the Train Station and Champion Lake’s due to the revitalization.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.