All Topics / Opinionated! / Subdivision Dilemma

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of The ImmigrantThe Immigrant
    @the-immigrant
    Talked to the council townplanner. He said he is just waiting on his team leader to sign off on the planning permit. But after this, however, since there was an objection to the plan and it was never withdrawn, the objector is given 21-days to appeal. If there is no appeal lodged within this timeframe, then council will issue the permit.

I emailed the townplanning consultant who applied in our behalf, and requested if it's possible for them to ask the objector to withdraw his objection. This way, we don't have to waste time.

We were given a copy of the objection, and the reason is because it's an "eyesore" (since it's a double storey). Wouldnt it be ridiculous for the Tribunal to give credit to this reasoning if in case the objector plans to appeal?

Part of me says we should go ahead and start with subdivision, but the risk is if there is an appeal and the decision would be in favor of the objector, the amount we spent in the subdivision (not including the planning permit costs) would all flow down the drain. But analyzing the risk, there would be more chance the objector won't go through the hassle of lodging an appeal, and if ever he does appeal, there's more chance it's in our favor.

Am left with two options: Either i just wait or go ahead and just do it.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Hi,

Personally I would just wait as objections are pretty much just paper if the council is on board with the development. We had two objections, one because they said a plumbing fault with the previous house was our fault (?!) and the other because of,

the ducks, the traffic, the way the windows were placed, their liquid amber tree getting enough light, the disabled people in the area, the list went on for two pages.

I'm sure that they enjoy those three units that are there now. The tree looks fine……

Doesn't the subdivision process generally start at frame stage?

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

Objections, to bear any weight, must be properly drafted and address specific non-conformities with the planning instruments. Just because it looks gross does not mean the objection will see the light of day.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.