Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of Johnwilly1000Johnwilly1000
    Participant
    @johnwilly1000
    Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Generally the gardening is the responsibility of the tenant.  However, tenants often simply don't bother.  If the garden is important for some reason, it might be best to up the rent by $10 a week and hire a gardener.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of blackhotelblackhotel
    Participant
    @blackhotel

Look up your lease. It should be stated in the lease as a special condition. Remember If your the owner going to do the work, your agent must give proper notice of entry to enter the property, even if it's just outside in the garden or you could get yourself into strife.

Profile photo of Oztorro19Oztorro19
    @oztorro19

Hi all. The legislation here is very straight forward and simple. A tenant must maintain the entire property (assuming there is only 1 lease on the home) allowing for fair ware and tear. Outside influences like drought etc can influence the outcome slightly however the condition you give the garden is the condition it needs to be returned in. Be careful with special conditions in a lease. If it contradicts the law, even slightly, this could be damaging. Take care.

Profile photo of fredo_4305fredo_4305
    Participant
    @fredo_4305

So does this mean they are also required to do the gutters?

Profile photo of Johnwilly1000Johnwilly1000
    Participant
    @johnwilly1000

Very interesting thoughts and laws, I like the one where they shud keep condition it was handed to them. Ill check out my lease and if on there ill let agent know thanks guys/gals. Yeah also so does that mean gutters they do as well

@oztorro19

Guttering. This is a maintenance issue the landlord will need to address. The tenant is responsible to maintain the grounds however the guttering and what happens to it is beyond the tenants normal responsibility of the property. If your tree is causing the guttering to become littered, this is a situation of which it becomes general maintenance of the property beyond the tenants responsibility. Similar to a fence, the structure of a home etc. However, if the tenant has caused the issue, yes it is their responsibility however very unlikely.

Profile photo of maree_bradrossmaree_bradross
    @maree_bradross

Did you leave tools at the property for the tenants to maintain the hedge? I think it is a bit rich to expect them to maintain it sorry – I would have a gardener in place to maintain it as the hedge dictates

Profile photo of Johnwilly1000Johnwilly1000
    Participant
    @johnwilly1000

Hhhmmm that is an interesting idea. Ild love to give them tools just I had no idea. I been busy but after tomoorow I’m free so ill ask tenant wat the deal is . So marie u wud as a landlord hire a gardenener if so how much usually and often? I wudnt mind as its tax write off anuyways.

@oztorro19

Be carful with tools. If you give the tools to the tenants, the tenants are entitled to have that same tool for the duration of the tenancy. If the tool (s) break, you, the landlord need to repair or replace it.

Just like an over, dishwasher, washing machine etc.

90% of tenants will purchase their own tools. If they are house proud, they will want their home looking optimum.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.