All Topics / Help Needed! / Which Suburbs? (Victoria)

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Profile photo of blazeblaze
    Participant
    @blaze

Hi,

Looking to buy a house price range $500K – $600K (cheaper even better), looking in area Inner suburbs, bayside, east, south east. the closer to the city the better. Can you please help me give me suburb names for me to start looking?

Cheers,

blaze

Profile photo of fWordfWord
    Participant
    @fword

If such properties still exist, I'd like to know where they can be found also. Hope to see some recommendations.

Profile photo of DWolfeDWolfe
    Participant
    @dwolfe

Follow the train line until you find something in your bracket. I'm looking East and would appreciate no competition please :) (LOL yeah right)

D

DWolfe | www.homestagers.com.au
    http://www.homestagers.com.au
    Email Me

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

Are you looking for an  investment, or something to live in yourself?

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Profile photo of rachelthelegendrachelthelegend
    @rachelthelegend
    Profile photo of blazeblaze
    Participant
    @blaze

i’m looking to live in myself. and i’m pretty sure houses still go for that range. might be not pretty and very good inner suburbs. but houses in east/ south east/ bayside zone 2 area still under 500K, definitely!

Profile photo of crustycrusty
    Participant
    @crusty

Blaze why do you ask? then tell us you know the answer. I am sure we would all like to know where?  When you say house, are you being general and include units?

Profile photo of ducksterduckster
    Participant
    @duckster

Cranbourne

Highest growth suburb in Victoria
    median price for house $285,000
    http://www.rs.realestate.com.au/cgi-bin/rsearch?a=sp&s=vic&u=cranbourne

Participant
    @fword
    blaze wrote:
    …but houses in east/ south east/ bayside zone 2 area still under 500K, definitely!

Uh, yeah. But not anywhere 'close' to the city. When I think 'close', I think within 10kms of the CBD. There's plenty of cheap housing out there. For example, Tyabb…Hastings. Cranbourne? Tick. Narre Warren? Double tick that. But do you necessarily want to live there and commute to the CBD everyday? If however, you work somewhere closer like Frankston, then it's definitely doable.

Profile photo of blazeblaze
    Participant
    @blaze

i did not say it has to be ‘close’ to the city. i said the closer the better. and which suburb is the closest to city with a house price range 500K-600K.

just on top of my head. i was thinking like clayton, oakleigh, glen waverley, blackburn, and wonder if anything is closer and yet still within my range.

i know cranbourne frankston and the kind is 300k ish but i’m looking 500K – 600K. so it should be closer to city than those suburbs.

Profile photo of Jacqui MiddletonJacqui Middleton
    Participant
    @jacm

It depends whether it is more important to you to be on a certain "side" of the city, or to be close to the city.  For instance, you can get a 3br house in Heidelberg West or Footscray in your price bracket.

Jacqui Middleton | Middleton Buyers Advocates
    http://www.middletonbuyersadvocates.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

VIC Buyers' Agents for investors, home buyers & SMSFs.

Participant
    @fword
    blaze wrote:
    i was thinking like clayton, oakleigh, glen waverley, blackburn, and wonder if anything is closer and yet still within my range.

My suggestion is, if you're looking in those areas for houses within your price range, then buy already and get your foot in the door. Because it won't be in your price range for very much longer. I regretted not playing all my cards early in the search for a house. The difference was just 1-2 months, but I was pretty much knocked right out of places like Vermont/ Vermont South, Mitcham and Nunawading in that short space of time. Ringwood was next but it didn't take long for that race to end either, so I ended up even further out.

Which brings me back to my point again: if you're looking to buy well-located property that's only just within your price range, don't hesitate, or all will be lost and you'll be pushed further out.

I'm sure there have been cases where people spend literally a year or so looking for that 'perfect' home. And by the time they find it, they're either $100K worse off, or have to buy something further out for exactly the same price.

Profile photo of KateMelbKateMelb
    @katemelb

Still good deals to be had in Murrumbeena and Hughesdale along the Pakenham train line.

Cheltenham, Highett, Mentone and Moorabbin are also worth a look, along the Frankston train line.

Train will get you to the CBD faster than driving and there are lots of express trains along those lines = even faster.

Profile photo of Naren36Naren36
    @naren36

Hey can anyone tell me is it good to invest in Corio/ Norlane in Geelong area will i get my return back & will be there capital growth? Whats happening to the International airport is the news true will that boost the prices?

Profile photo of StrikerStriker
    Participant
    @jamescameron

Would I be right in assuming the further out you move from the city it would be harder to find a tenant (unless ofcourse they work nearby).  For instance I was thinking about investing in Wyndham Vale or around there as its meant to be one of the fastest growing corridors etc etc).  But who's going to rent out there for say $300 p/w when you could get a house (ok a bit smaller) say in Richmond, St Kilda just to name a couple of suburbs for $300-$350??

Striker
    Email Me

mattnz
    Participant
    @mattnz

This house in Seabrook looks like a steal. A whole lot of house within 20km of the CBD, well under budget.

http://www.domain.com.au/Property/For-Sale/House/VIC/Seabrook/?adid=2008318421

Profile photo of reddahaydnreddahaydn
    @reddahaydn

id say you'd be looking around springvale/blackburn east that sort of distance from the cbd mate…

And I don’t think u’d be renting a house in Richmond for $350… entry level duplex is easily over 500pw. 350 would just get u a ok two bedder!

Profile photo of realestate_melbrealestate_melb
    @realestate_melb

The better performing suburbs are historically are anywhere within the 7km radius of the CBD. Such as Alphington, Fairfield, Northcote, Fitzroy North, Brunswick, coburg, Fitzroy Parkville, Carlton, Carlton North,  would recommend starting with a one bedroom apartment as they generally have the lowest vacancy.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.