All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Acquiring council land.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of Glenn1964Glenn1964
    @glenn1964

Hi,

For over 20 years now, there is a section of discontinued road between my home and my neighbour on the other side of this discontinued road.

The council offerred it to us about 15 years ago for $40K but we had no ability to finance it.  However, our financial circumstances have changed.

If I want to purchase this from the council, what is the best way to go about it?  Should I walk straight into the council offices and ask to talk to a council engineer or property manager?  Should I talk to an independant Town Planner first?

Furthermore, my neighbour is selling her property and we are concerned that the new owners may want to acquire this land as well.  If this happens, will we be offered first right of refusal to buy the land or will we be left out in the cold?

Thanks.

Profile photo of Glenn1964Glenn1964
    @glenn1964

Okay,

I have had no responses to this post!!!

Am I missing something obvious here or is this something of a legal minefield that no-one wants to comment on?

Profile photo of Scott No MatesScott No Mates
    Participant
    @scott-no-mates

I am sure that you posted this twice & I responded to the other one. Contact the Property Manager at Council & find out the process, they will advise whether they are looking to dispose of the land.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.